Any 1/144 pilots out there?

Valk009

I just started to build a Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S Strike in fighter mode. The kit comes with either a solid resin canopy or a vacuum formed one. I plan on using the vacuum formed one, have the landing gears up and diplay it in flight mode. However there is one little problem, the kit does not come with a pilot ;)

I know there are many model fanatics out there, so anyone of you guys came across a kit or optional crew set in 1/144 scale with a pilot figure which I can sort of use as a Macross pilot?

Any link or even suggestion would be great :rolleyes:

Andy :)

You want to buy some of the old Dragon 1/144 modern aircraft kits - they all have pilots, some better than others, and you can use the ordinance as well. The Harrier kits have a nice external loadout. Do an ebay search for "Dragon 1/144", and look for the modern Jet kits.

In some kits, the pilot is little more than a shapeless blob, but the F-117 kits have a full pilot - which is what I would recommend.

Edited by Phil

Okay, thanks guys for the info! Looks like the Dragon made F-117A is my best, not to mention most inexpensive route ;)

Now, need some more help...where to get the kit cheap! There is one on Evilbay and the Seller is asking US$9.99 for the kit and another $9.99 to be shipped overseas, which is imo daylight robbery :angry:

I did some quick search on the net and found a place or two selling the kit at below US$3.00 a pop. Some do not ship overseas while I am still waiting estimate cost on one retailer.

Now...the big question, has anyone got one spare lying at home? I actuallly just need the pilot, so I will pay for the whole kit at reasonable price but you just need to send me the pilot!

Andy :)

PS I will also take the pilot of the Arii/Imai 1/144 kits if anyone is willing to part with them ;)

Edited by Valk009

I've built a Dragon F-117. The pilot is rather shapeless, although this would probably help in converting him to a Macross pilot. The head/shoulder area needs work no matter what, as it looks bad as-is. The bigger problem is that he is part of a single pilot/chair/cockpit tub piece. It would take a bit of cutting to get him, or him and the chair out of there. Better if you can somehow fit the whole tub in there.

Hey Andy,

I think I've got some of those old 1/144 kits lying around in pieces. Give me a day or two and I'll see if there is a spare pilot I can send you. I remember that they aren't too impressive though.

I can only offer you a 1:1 fully articulated pilot ,

pick from either a Max or hikaru version

:lol:

mac02.jpg

Hey those flight suits of yours are looking a lot better, something still seems a little off though, maybe the gloves or boots, need a better standing pose to see for sure. DId you use painters coverall to start?