1/48 VF1 Recast

jadefalconguard

Why thank you good man..... I always loved the 'stang' had two P-51D's and 1 B in radio controlled when I was younger, but that's an entirely different story.

Anyway, back on track : finished the detailpainting on the boosters. Normally I'll be adding the wash and final drybrush tomorrow. This pic shows of the detailled booster

post-23-1118703013_thumb.jpg

Finished of the tailcolors. I decided to use Silver Metallic do give a nice contrast to the dull gray :ph34r:

edit : I still need to do the yellow night lights. Revell Germany had a line of 'ghostships' with a fluorescent paint. I'll try to get a hold of a bottle and do the lights with this.

Anyhow, the flash from my camera got the silver paint kind of blurry and not straight :blink:

post-23-1118703386_thumb.jpg

Edited by jadefalconguard

:blink: Now I've had a strange thing happening here. I'd finished airbrushing the fowler flaps and slat inside when I saw I had some overspray on my wing. OK, this happens almost always while I'm airbrushing :unsure: but anyhow, I noticed some wite crackling on my wing :(

post-23-1118785393_thumb.jpg

I let the red dry while I cleaned my airbrush and noticed that the crackling started to vanish :blink::blink: . I took out my wifes make up brush and started 'drybrushing' it gently. To my surprise the crackling simply vanished completely. :lol:

Did any one ever got this if so does this mean I have to strip the paint and restart all over (please say no) but more important, what the h#ll was this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit : the pic is somewhat blurry, but I checked again and it's still gone

post-23-1118785597_thumb.jpg

:p Wonderbrush maybe ?

some info,

I used Testors Dull Coat and sprayed it two months ago on a warm sunny day (about 20°C). I sprayed the red paint this evening at a temp. of about 18°C and humidity was typical for Belgium so no problem there. I used an acrylic thinner to thin the Tamiya Paint wich sprayed normally.

Thanks for helping me out

post-23-1118786377_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

post-2689-1121294997_thumb.jpg :p Great back on line. Now for some quick update :

Fast Packs :

I sprayed the legboosters with Tamiya German Grey and weathered them with black oil paint.

Once I pieced together all the decals from spareparts I'll finish this off with Dull Coat (it'll be a new bottle this time ;) ) and spray paint the insides from the thrusterparts.

Tail assembly :

Finally painted the camo part and inside from the tailthruster. Detailpainted the fuellines.

Back Fast Packs :

Almost finished with the insides

Here goes the pics :

After the detailpainting of the boosters and the tailassembly I finally could add the packs to the tailassembly. The only minor issues was the fit of the fastpacks. There are two indents on the packs for a piece of resin. These idnents are to large, so I added some sheet styrene to get a better grip

Edit, can't seem to get any pics uploaded :angry: will try again later

post-2689-1121987121_thumb.jpg

LtSO,

thx for the feedback and the tip :p Should read the manual some day. I'll take some macro shots tonight and see what it gives.

HWR, did you already restarted working on yours ?

On the website from G-system I saw that the VF1 is anounced to be coming out again :ph34r: Unless they mean the pictures for it :unsure:

:angry: I've been playing around this weekend with the clear plastic pieces...... I think I've lost about 2/3 of my hair and all my nails :blink:

Pff, this was kind of stressy.

Cockpit :

basicly I trimmed down the cockpit stills and placed the clear plastic inside the canopy. After that I rebuild the stills with white plastic (still needs some filling and touching up here and there, but it's quit good.

After this abuse I used an old trick I learned : toothpaste :ph34r: . Put some toothpaste on your finger/piece of cloth and start polishing the hood. It'll remove the little glue you've spilled and remove the white film from CA glue. The end result is a nearly shining cockpit.

I still need to do the back piece.

Landing Lights :

I gave up trying to get the clear plastic t conform. I'll be trying to form a piece of clear acrylic rod shaped and sanded in place. Only prob. I already sealed the wings, so I'll have to be carefull.

Sorry I'm at work right now so no picture, but I'll post one tonight when I get home

G.