Stinger Reborne

Knight26

looks pretty good. I do think the butt end needs some work, as well as those grey engine "nipples" thingies in the front by the cockpit...the major thing about the rear is that it throws off the visual dynamic of the swept forward wings...but looking good none the less :D

anyway, you can use that model of mine if you want...I could even send you a copy, but I've made some small changes (mostly to the engine intakes) and it looks a bit different now...its very low poly (around 300 IIRC) pretty typical for a "squint" concept design....

to each his own I guess but I do see what you mean MSW. As for your design, I am still thinking of copying it for the 6000, but I have a few other models in the que before then. What format is in BTW?

:lol::DB)):blink::huh: Now that is just a mean thing to say A1, while I was not that impressed with the RT shots either, I also take into consideration that they were taken by someones video camera off of projection screen. So with that in mind most of the poor quality probably comes from that. THat being said, for a major production like they are doing, they sure are shootin low-poly on the models, let's see if the textures help at all.

to each his own I guess but I do see what you mean MSW. As for your design, I am still thinking of copying it for the 6000, but I have a few other models in the que before then. What format is in BTW?

Here is what it looks like now, modeled in Wings3D - a free modeling application...I could convert it to .DXF if thats what you need.

post-26-1107286233_thumb.jpg

Ok I have started texturing. I have given all parts that do not already have textures the Vandy-1 treatment for testing, except the wingtip cannon and thrusters. I am holding off on the cannon because I am still not 100% satisfied with its design and may go back to revisit it. I have not started on the thrusters yet because as a matter of course I like to save those until the last. There were only two areas where the texture started to go wonky, those were on the engines, but those areas are covered by the wings for the most part so I am not going worry about and go chopping up the engines. I will texture more tomorrow night, hopefully finish by this weekend, when hopefully I can start on the Splicer-1000s textures.

@MSW, if wings3D can export to .dwg, .dxf, or .3ds format I would love to get a closer look at that model, thanks.

post-26-1107324074_thumb.jpg

Edited by Knight26

Update time:

Except for a couple small fixes, as well as the wingtip cannons and thrusters, which I will do tomorrow night, call this beasty done. I've done it up in the colors of the 77th Tactical Reaction Wing, a mercenary group flying under the monicker of Black Knights. Enjoy.

post-26-1107410627_thumb.jpg

And since this beasty is being flown by mercs, how about my first try at a little creative wing art, sorry no nudity here, the lady has too much class. A cookie to whomever figures out who she is first.

post-26-1107493363_thumb.jpg

Edited by Knight26