Here are the pics of my VF-1D

Omega One

Hi there :

Well as I promised, here are the pics of my VF-1D. I hope you like it !!!

Just one thing that I noticed, You`ll see that I forgot to put the antennas in the nose and the upper fuselage <_< , but I took care of that after I took these pics that you are about to see. :D

Cheers

DSC02876.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

Great job and my next comments aren't meant to detract from the good work you've done (much better than I could do). I thought you might want some constructive criticism.

You might want to try thinning your paints a little. They look a little thick, thus you are getting a slight orange peel effect on the VF-1D and YF-19. Or maybe it is the coat you used at the end. Did you use acrylics or enamels?

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

very nice work, i love the clean look of this kit, please keep them coming i look forward to seeing what other kits you have built.

chris

I agree, that model looks fantastic! Can I ask what color you used for the tan/off white areas? I think it is a perfect color for the VF-1D. (I'd like to use it myself) ;)

I really like the cleanly marked panel lines with very little weathering. Sometimes the weathering gets a bit overdone, but not here.

One small point, you have some seam lines showing on the legs near the feet/thrusters. Please take this as just some friendly constructive criticism. I'm sure that I coudn't produce such a fine model. :p I have tons of trouble with seams. Sometimes I fill and sand for hours. I just know that judges at model shows and such definitely hate seam lines. The rest of the model is practically flawless!

Thanks for sharing your work.