deviantart.com

Hoptimus

I personally use artwanted.com, at the recommendation of a friend. Although I doubt there is much of a difference. ArtWanted strictly forbids depictions of any genetalia (for legal safety reasons), whereas DeviantArt will allow what is considered "tasteful nudity" in the traditional sense.

Both are about the same in price with DeviantArt costing you a $.05 a month less, although ArtWanted lets you sign up for a year at $38. I'm not sure if DeviantArt has that same type of deal.

DeviantArt is only good in the sense that lots of people go there. The interface and site layout are just awful, you basically need to use Internet Explorer to correctly view the site, so if it's not your main browser, that's just another headache. The content restrictions have never really bothered me, but they are there so keep that in mind if any of your artwork is outside the realm of 'tasteful' as arbitrarily set by society.

Still, even though lots of people go there, so many people upload crap all the time that anything you put on the site is likely to be swept from the frontpage in a matter of hours. And I do mean crap, there's lots of stolen artwork being posted there, and just plain bad artwork, like scribbles on lined paper.

More and more people I know who host artwork there are jumping ship for www.sheezyart.com wich I suppose is the non-corporate alternative.

Elfwood is exceptionally good in some respects, such as quality control, but since they have to approve every single piece that's uploaded, it can take a month or longer before your work actually appears on the site, from the time you originally uploaded it.

My philospophy is to maintain several online art archive accounts, all of wich have some of my artwork, and all of wich are linked to my own, personal website, wich hosts all of my artwork.

i've blown color changing glass pipes for several years now..which makes me a deviant artist!!!!! :D .

...i will do macross themed pipes(with glass mech+logo imagry) post if interested!:lol::lol::lol:

don't know about this site your talkin about...lemme know how it turns out!

what is your art like..post some! B)):ph34r:B))

an SDF-Macross Bong?!!?!?! :D

I dig it, probably the best work I've seen of yours, Rico. Very nice.

Huh, poking through your gallery there's some other nice works in there. Definite improvement since the last time I saw you post stuff here. Keep it up! I'd reccomend avoiding lens flares, though. There's ways to make your own without using the filter that look much, much better.

I dig it, probably the best work I've seen of yours, Rico. Very nice.

Huh, poking through your gallery there's some other nice works in there. Definite improvement since the last time I saw you post stuff here. Keep it up! I'd reccomend avoiding lens flares, though. There's ways to make your own without using the filter that look much, much better.

If you know tutorials on flares, give me links and I'll check them out. ^__~

post-26-1105585592_thumb.jpg

i've blown color changing glass pipes for several years now..which makes me a deviant artist!!!!! :D .

...i will do macross themed pipes(with glass mech+logo imagry) post if interested!:lol::lol::lol:

what is your art like..post some! B)):ph34r:B))

OMG, are you serious?! I would go crazy for a glass piece with a little Macross kite logo imbedded in a bubble or something like that. B))

...i will do macross themed pipes(with glass mech+logo imagry) post if interested!:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

what is your art like..post some! B))  :ph34r:  B))

OMG, are you serious?! I would go crazy for a glass piece with a little Macross kite logo imbedded in a bubble or something like that. B))

dead serious man... :o

I did a macross logo pipe for MW member agent orange...and have made myself a few mospeada inspired pieces :D

I do the solid color logo on the head(front) of the piece...the rest of the pipe is "inside out" worked...decoration imbedded in clear glass. lots of fun!!!!!!!!!! B))

yep,my e-mail is: drfloydd21@yahoo.com

e-mail if interested.

CaptRico, looks like you've been inspired by Bleedman, he does another anime inspired PPG manga. Actually, he's been doing alot of other shows and "manga-izing" them. Invader Zim, Grim & Evil, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and several others. His work is very good for the time it takes him to complete it. hmmm... wow, that was easy to wander off topic ^^

CaptRico, looks like you've been inspired by Bleedman, he does another anime inspired PPG manga. Actually, he's been doing alot of other shows and "manga-izing" them. Invader Zim, Grim & Evil, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and several others. His work is very good for the time it takes him to complete it. hmmm... wow, that was easy to wander off topic ^^

I see his PowerPuff Girl Manga on DA every Sunday. :D

Excellent stuff. In fact, that PowerPuff Girl pic I did above is actually a FanArt HE ADDED TO HIS FAVORITES! ^__^

Of course, he does that with all fanart he gets! :lol:

Here's another pic I did: RIDDICK!!

post-26-1105879372_thumb.jpg