What's on deck?

phoenix01

Funny, funny song and oh so true (unfortunately).

Unfortunately I think we are going to be in for a long dry spell as far as new Macross products are concerned. All signs seem to indicate that Yamato is going to drop Macross after the release of the VB-6 and 1/48 GBP. Both those projects have been in development more than a year, but AFAIK, nothing else new is in the pipeline. Of course my info is very dated, so I could be wrong.

I'm getting more and more sure that the YF-19FP is as dead as the Dodo. After Kawamori got all anal and rejected the first prototype, it seems like Yamato don't want the expenses of starting all over again with another sculptor.

Heck, I'm even getting a feeling that the 1/100 VF-0S is going to be quietly dropped due to the overwhemingly negative response it has received both here and in Japan. The 1/60 Destroid Monster is probably another dead project.

As for Hasegawa, who knows? Some more battroids would be nice, but I'm wondering did the VF-1 battroid kits sell well enough for them to risk making other battroid kits? And a VF-11 and VF-17 fighter would be nice as well, but how well would they sell outside of a small group of hardcore fans?

Graham

Funny, funny song and oh so true (unfortunately).

Unfortunately I think we are going to be in for a long dry spell as far as new Macross products are concerned. All signs seem to indicate that Yamato is going to drop Macross after the release of the VB-6 and 1/48 GBP. Both those projects have been in development more than a year, but AFAIK, nothing else new is in the pipeline. Of course my info is very dated, so I could be wrong.

I'm getting more and more sure that the YF-19FP is as dead as the Dodo. After Kawamori got all anal and rejected the first prototype, it seems like Yamato don't want the expenses of starting all over again with another sculptor.

Heck, I'm even getting a feeling that the 1/100 VF-0S is going to be quietly dropped due to the overwhemingly negative response it has received both here and in Japan. The 1/60 Destroid Monster is probably another dead project.

As for Hasegawa, who knows? Some more battroids would be nice, but I'm wondering did the VF-1 battroid kits sell well enough for them to risk making other battroid kits? And a VF-11 and VF-17 fighter would be nice as well, but how well would they sell outside of a small group of hardcore fans?

Graham

unfortunatelly for us I´ll have to agree with you on all that G.

It seems to me Yamato is irrevocably taking a one way route in regards to macross and that is the route of forsaking all macross projects.

It´s just a shame but it seems they´d rather prefer to play the role of the stupid non-consumer-friendly company and just neglect all the potential a Macross Zero line could bring to the financial interest. To me that´s just plain dumb.

What are we gonna do once Yamato puts and end to this fanboy dream ? buy MPcs :unsure::blink::(:huh: ? Really , how can they even dream of succeeding in the toy market ( more importantly , the japanese market where gundam is king ) if the drop Macrosss off their lines of products ? Macross is without a doubt their biggest asset and without it we could easily enough especulate their bankruptcy , seriously , their other toys aren´t as demanded nor as varied as macross.

a shame really , for us and them.

true to the above! I hope that the pull their collective arses out of the clouds and realize what products keep their bread buttered......in America thier 'toycom toys" seem to fill that new-b void for products, But it's stuff that can be found at places like suncoast and targets or tru. so it's average and pricey!! although the appleseed(movie) stuff was really nice....still it's not their best work! owell in the end i was always a fan with or without the toys.............. <_<

we should at least get some more 1:48 varients

... what's the point of NOT making more bank$$ from an existing mold??

- that would be collosially dumbbbbbbbb!!!

otherwize...i DEMAND the following!!!...

LANDMATE(s) !

GARLAND(s) !

MOTO-SLAVE(s) !

they can keep the $200 votoms...thou a bruthish dog would snagg my money.

Graham

I totally agree with you there G, especially with the YF-19FP. So whoever is going to Japan for Wonderfest better buy lots of the Liquid Stone 1/100 YF-19 kit for us to buy!!! <_<:(