Macross DVDs discontinued

bandit29

For anyone on the fence about getting this set. Don't be, it is well worth the money. I felt that I didn't need them, I had the Robotrash stuff. I knew about the differences and didn't want to spend the money. I then decided to buy them when I saw a discount rate and was blown away. Animeigo has done a great job on these, they are my most treasured DVD's in my entire collection.

Edited by valk1j

The audio tracks and all of that would have come from HG, as they were supposedly given telecine masters direct from Tat when they first concluded the deal in '84-'85 that inflicted us with Robotech. Those masters, IWA, included the magnetic/optical soundtracks on the film itself (most of the surface of a piece of motion picture film is given over to the picture, but a part of the edge just inside of the sprocket holes is used to encode sound either magnetically or optically)

Nope, AnimEigo specifically stated they were able to get ahold of audio tracks from Big West, which they used to do an audio clean up (be it still in mono), as well as the BG & SFX only tracks that are on the set.

Of course we've forgotten to mention the major benefit of AnimEigo's remaster, the picture has been zoomed out a bit to provide more onscreen animation that normally goes past the overscan area on your tv.

Nope, AnimEigo specifically stated they were able to get ahold of audio tracks from Big West, which they used to do an audio clean up (be it still in mono), as well as the BG & SFX only tracks that are on the set.

I stand corrected then. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All

Well i finally did it! I just ordered all 3 box sets here in Denmark, so yeah...those babies are on the way home to Daddy :) Im glad i have my sets on the way, no way i wanna miss out on this....Macross Zero R2´s you guys are next ;)

- Jin

Edited by Jin_Kune_Do