Who's looking forward to getting their VF-0D?

Aurora-7

To me, the Super Sylph has too much going on on the ventral side. It makes it seem ungainly -certainly it would'nt be very good at snap rolls!

For Yukikaze aircraft, I love the Mave.

mave_bandai_front.jpgMave.jpg

Edited by Aurora-7

Those Yukazie(sp?) aircraft are ugly, who designed those? They look like they would crumple in combat, and that huge ventral rudder, what's up with that?

The second one is better, but while the model looks ok, the anime picture doesn't look very good.

Edited by Coota0

The ventral rudder is a tarps array...I think the Supersylph is a decent design in the VE1 Elintseeker role. In the movie it's more combat then that, but I think thats along the lines of a more accurate role. The Mave is definitly more the fighter.

As for the VF-0D...I can't wait...love the delta single wing design...very cool!!!! I never noticed the similarities to the Supersylph...but yeah...they are there....personally I like the 0D better....looks more "real" to me.

I love the supersylph design. It's not designed primarily to be a fighter, but rather for reconnaisance. The "fin" is only extended when it is gathering combat information, and retracts when it is flying. It's not also heavy on the weaponery either- only carries 4 missiles (I dont think the MAVE carries more than that either, although it's more of a fighter than recon aircraft).

Appearance wise, I'd have to go with the supersylph over VF0D- it's just more unique. yukitop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...