MGS3 thoughts and opinons

Bob_Coffee

From this first impressions thread i see quite a few of us have beaten this great game. And seing as im a big fan of the metal gear series in general, i decided to start up this thread for discussion of all things tactical espionage action.

First for starters Now that things are somewhat explained about the patriots and there reason for exsisting, i was left wondering whare will the series go next? Now that we know alitle more about Big Boss, and some insights into why he created outer heaven. was he such a bad guy? and looks like we found out whare he got his funding(pay very close attention to the ending for what i mean)

And Ocelot.... Damn he's been working for the patriots/phlosophers for the whole time.

And i cant beleve im saying this but MGS2 is begining to make alot of sense...

Anyways, thoughts opinons, questions post away!

!

There's a possiblity we may see a Re-release of the original 2 metal gear games ("Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" originally released on MSX)

the first metal gear was released on Nintendo, albeit in a very thrashed manner (the layout of some of the buildings is different in the original MSX version... and who the HELL is "Vernon Cataffy"?????), While MG2-SS was never released at all in the US (if you know where to look or who to ask, you can find a ROM of it though ;) ) While that American POS "Snake's Revenge" has nothing whatsoever to do with Metal Gear... Hideo Kojima had no part in it's creation.

Given all of the backstory seen in MGS3, it would be an ideal time to "catch up" the younger generation who never got to play the original Metal Gear games.

The only problem I see is that HK has kind of written the story into a corner. At the end of MGS2, Otakon tells snake that the Patriots (the ones who started this whole mess) are all dead and have been for almost 100 years. I suppose if you decided to write about the descendants of the patriots, you might get somewhere with that. Also, the LaLiLuLeLo have yet to truely be extrapolated upon (who would use such a retarded name???)

Also, at the end of MGS3, the way Snake and Ocelot behave (after "the duel"), you would think they had known each other for a while. He called him "John" (not "Jack", like everyone else has been??) and Snake didn't seem at all surprised.

Also, at the end of MGS3, the way Snake and Ocelot behave (after "the duel"), you would think they had known each other for a while. He called him "John" (not "Jack", like everyone else has been??) and Snake didn't seem at all surprised.

Snake had just told him that name on the plane. I think Ocelot only said John in the ending for those people who hadn't yet caught on that it was him talking. (Like my dad)

Well the patriots arent who otacon said they were,thats for sure after finding out about the philosephers in MGS3. So i think the "patriots" are quite alive and well.MG:acid is supposed to take place right after Sons of liberty so it may fill in a few gaps, but i doubt it'll bring things to a close,as i think there saving mgs4 for that.

as for a MG and MG2:SS rerealise using the solid 3 engine,id be all for it. Seing as like 5 non japanese people got to play MG2. also it would be intresting to see what big boss did in between forming foxhound, and the end of MGS3.

as for the lalilulelo isnt that just another name for the patriots?

Well the patriots arent who otacon said they were,thats for sure after finding out about the philosephers in MGS3. So i think the "patriots" are quite alive and well.MG:acid is supposed to take place right after Sons of liberty so it may fill in a few gaps, but i doubt it'll bring things to a close,as i think there saving mgs4 for that.

as for a MG and MG2:SS rerealise using the solid 3 engine,id be all for it. Seing as like 5 non japanese people got to play MG2. also it would be intresting to see what big boss did in between forming foxhound, and the end of MGS3.

as for the lalilulelo isnt that just another name for the patriots?

I doubt they would go through the trouble of re-building the original two metal gear games with the new engine, that would take a hella lot of work. Just a single PS2 game with both of the originals and maybe a bunch of extras would be neat. I am one of the "few" americans who have played MG2:SS (I have a MSX emulator and the ROM image of the game, along with the first one), even after playing Snake Eater, MG2SS is STILL my favorite (it's also the most difficult of them all I think)

As much as "Lalilulelo" is said with an almost magical reverence, I feel it's probably going to have far more story behind it than just the patriots. I am also anxious to see what "Acid" brings to the mix.