1/72 FAF Fighter FA-2 Fern II

Mechleader

not that i know of, but it really is a neat design, thanks for shareing , i saw this on another website, very cool.

It's certianly an unconventional design, even by Yukikaze's standards. But I rather like it.

Though I must admit, the whole lower undercarraige seems a little pointless... The intake, engine, and cockpit are all in the main (upper) fuselage. All the lower fuselage seems to do it join together the two main wings, and house the landing gears. Seems a little pointless to seperate it all to that degree. And also, that design makes it necessary to put the two rear landing gears VERY close together. I can see that making for some very unstable landings. Not that it matters much, since none of them that appeared in the anime ever made it back to base :lol:

sorta OT but yukikaze related...don't know if this was posted in the yukikaze thread (too lazy to go lookin' for it :p) but it seems hlj will get a restock of the MAVE Yukikaze's by Bandai

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN916662

I see the cockpit has its own seperate nose. Would this work in real life? UAVs have superior aerodynamics because they lack the bulge of a canopy. If the cockpit were to have it's own seperate cone, would the plane be more aerodynamic or would it be more stressed?

the plane design has alot of surface area with all the complicated shapes even that it looks aerodynamic to me it looks like a flying airbrake. I won't go in to the plane can handle stress since its from anime and the time its in could have super metals/composits/paper origami technic that renders it invincible to natural forces like wind and gravity.