The Re-Issues

identityno

Yes, I did search around the forums before I posted this.

Would anyone mind if I started a post where people can post all they know about the Yamato reissues? I have bits and pieces of info gleamed from here, but it may be nice to have a clean, new topic to post all related knowledge.

If this turns into a warfare post, with people disagreeing eventually to the point of Nazi accusations, those guilty will dissapoint me greatly.

Cheers,

Gregory Scott

What do you want to know? If there are any improvements to subsequent editions, time of release, what?

The second edition improvements come with all these:

1. slots for the nosecone

2. stable 90 degree elbow flexion

3. easy open landing bay doors (apparently, I see no difference)

4. no velcro on the boxes,

5. revised cockpit first seen on the VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1A has had its second rerelease already, and the VF-1S is schedules for its 3rd rerelease this December.

Edited by kensei

Would anyone mind if I started a post where people can post all they know about the Yamato reissues?

I think it would be interesting if we do a poll if anyone would mind.

Then after that, if the people that would mind, won the poll and started acting violently, we then create one anyway. jk

(yes I'm bored right now :D)

Personally this is what I want to see:

-An ultimate pack with Roy vf1s complete with strike and super parts plus optional rubber hands or chicken fingers, and the 1/48 gbp armor in case of emergencies. Oh, and instead of stickers, everything will be tampo printed on. Cram it all into as tiny a box as possible and I'll be happy. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, its just a curved headrest instead of a double rectangle thing where the pilot puts his breadbasket.

EDIT: I've only seen this so far on the rereleased VF-1A Hikaru not the VF-1S Roy.

Edited by kensei

i have a theory on this....

only the first production run gets the velcro boxes. each of the 1/48 i preordered or purchased when they were first released, came with velcro boxes.

1S roy, had 3 at one point, 1 w/velcro, 1 w/o. purchased a 1st release w/velcro, sold 1st release, but kept the box. ordered 2 reissues from neova, only asked for 1 box, no velcro.

1S hikaru x 2, both w/velcro, purchased a month or so after release but sellers couldn't move these at first

1A max, velcro. got it late, got lucky, sellers weren't moving these either.

1J hikaru, velcro, owned 2 at one point, both had velcro, purchased both 2 weeks after the release. sold 1

1J M&M's, bought them twice. 1st pair had velcro, both preordered from Neova, then sold them. bought a 2nd pair from VE way later, neither have velcro.

1J super x 3, 1 w/velcro(preordered), 2 w/o picked them up after they were restocked.

1A LV, velcro, bought this the same day it got into the states.

is this a conspiracy theory or am i just crazy?

i have a theory on this....

only the first production run gets the velcro boxes. each of the 1/48 i preordered or purchased when they were first released, came with velcro boxes.

1S roy, had 3 at one point, 1 w/velcro, 1 w/o. purchased a 1st release w/velcro, sold 1st release, but kept the box. ordered 2 reissues from neova, only asked for 1 box, no velcro.

1S hikaru x 2, both w/velcro, purchased a month or so after release but sellers couldn't move these at first

1A max, velcro. got it late, got lucky, sellers weren't moving these either.

1J hikaru, velcro, owned 2 at one point, both had velcro, purchased both 2 weeks after the release. sold 1

1J M&M's, bought them twice. 1st pair had velcro, both preordered from Neova, then sold them. bought a 2nd pair from VE way later, neither have velcro.

1J super x 3, 1 w/velcro(preordered), 2 w/o picked them up after they were restocked.

1A LV, velcro, bought this the same day it got into the states.

is this a conspiracy theory or am i just crazy?

Really? Velcro on the M&M's? I thought that the velcro thing had phased out after the rereleases of the VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Hikaru. Or did the M&Ms come after the rereleases? I completely forgot what order they all came out now.

4. no velcro on the boxes

As others have pointed out, this isn't always the case.

I think this first appeared in the VF-1J Hikaru. The headrest is different to accommodate the bigger TV-style helmet.

H

4. no velcro on the boxes

As others have pointed out, this isn't always the case.

I think this first appeared in the VF-1J Hikaru. The headrest is different to accommodate the bigger TV-style helmet.

H

4. True, but 7 out of 7 of my reissues ahave no velcro. I just assumed. What's going on? :huh:

5. No, the VF-1S hikaru came out first before the VF-1J Hikaru. It was also the first release of a 1/48 VF-1 with a rubber pilot. The release date of the VF-1S Hikaru (08-11-2003) and the release date of the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru (11-28-2003).

EDIT: dates.

Edited by kensei

my list wasn't in any particular order, i just made a list.

BTW, reissues wouldn't be considered a 1st release nor a 1st production run, hence called a re-issue. ;) the only 2 valks considered an actually reissue would be the 1A hikkie and 1S roy because they were fixed. the only official re-release is the 1S roy which is due to come out soon and the box will have no velcro. the reason why i kept my 1st version 1S roy box when i sold it was because it had the velcro. it sounds stupid but i like the velcro boxes. :p

kensei,

i assume the valks(7) you speak of, were all pre-ordered and purchased when they were 1st released? if not, then that would explain the reason for the no velcro on your boxes. who really knows? maybe yamato puts the velcro on the 1st 1000 pieces out of the factory? i guess we'll have to wait to see if the next new valk release(1S roy doesn't count)comes with velcro to see if my theory has any merit.

BTW dudes, i can't believe i started a discussion on velcro, sorry. :(:lol:

my list wasn't in any particular order, i just made a list.

BTW, reissues wouldn't be considered a 1st release nor a 1st production run, hence called a re-issue. ;) the only 2 valks considered an actually reissue would be the 1A hikkie and 1S roy because they were fixed. the only official re-release is the 1S roy which is due to come out soon and the box will have no velcro. the reason why i kept my 1st version 1S roy box when i sold it was because it had the velcro. it sounds stupid but i like the velcro boxes. :p

kensei,

i assume the valks(7) you speak of, were all pre-ordered and purchased when they were 1st released? if not, then that would explain the reason for the no velcro on your boxes. who really knows? maybe yamato puts the velcro on the 1st 1000 pieces out of the factory? i guess we'll have to wait to see if the next new valk release(1S roy doesn't count)comes with velcro to see if my theory has any merit.

BTW dudes, i can't believe i started a discussion on velcro, sorry. :(:lol:

I actually just got them a dew weeks ago.

As for your M&Ms having velcro, which was really weird, I think that a Chinese factory worker just found a roll of extra velcro around and said: "Hey boss! I just found some leftover velcro! What do I do with it?" Boss: "just use it up mate." Worker: "But the Hikaru's and Focker's have already shipped, and we stopped using them on the 1/48s now." Boss:"Just stick 'em on the M&Ms."