I need a pic of a Macross F-14D

gian7675

Hi guys!

I was just wondering, can somebody please post a picture of the macross F-14D onthe flight deck of an aircraft carrier in episode 1?

I want to make it into a signature with the help of a friend ;)

I need preferable a scene wherein you can see the F-14 and the Macross kite at the side.

It's been a while since I've last watched macross Zero so i don't know if such a scene exist. :)

Thanks!

Gian 7675 :)

here ya go. :)

WOW!

Beautiful! Picture # 1 is exactly what I need! The F-14D with the Macross Kite and you can see it's on an aircraft carrier! :) Thanks! Very much AlphaHX! :)

Thanks for informing me about the signature thing. I'm not going to use it as a signature on this board ;)

Gian7675 ;)

FYI, it's not a D. Much closer to a B. Official name is F-14A+ Kai, which would "translate" to F-14B Custom. F-14A+ and F-14B are the *exact* same plane, it just has two names. Though 99% of the world calls it F-14B instead of F-14A+ nowadays.

Thanks for the clarrification! :)

Anyway, this is a little bit silly, but...what's that camera/gun looking thingy that's under the nose of the F-14 which is just in front of the front landing gear? Never seen it on F-14 models before

Umm, that's on about 99% of all F-14's, and every kit I've ever bought. And that is the F-14D-specific chinpod I mentioned. There are several, all slightly different.

Check here:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-chinpods.htm

The dual TCS/IRST is on all F-14D's, and only F-14D's. And Shin's. Shin has basically (though not exactly) an F-14B, but also has the very distinctive chinpod of the F-14D.

Umm, that's on about 99% of all F-14's, and every kit I've ever bought. And that is the F-14D-specific chinpod I mentioned. There are several, all slightly different.

Check here:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-chinpods.htm

The dual TCS/IRST is on all F-14D's, and only F-14D's. And Shin's. Shin has basically (though not exactly) an F-14B, but also has the very distinctive chinpod of the F-14D.

OMG! All the models of the F-14 that I've seen belonged to the 1% minority! :o Wow...anyway, maybe my memory mist be fading hehehe!

Btw, I saw your 1/32 Model Diorama. I hope that in the future, you'll push thru with your project on how to build an accurate Shin F-14B. We'll be waiting!

Thanks!

Gian7675 :)

That diorama's not mine, I just linked to it. I *wish* I was 1/10 that good.

And I still plan on a guide for Shin's someday, I think I'll take a poll on whether it'd be acceptable to merely write on how to do it with a few pics, and not actually make one myself. (As it's too cold to model now, so any modelling might have to wait until Spring)