M0 EP5 VF-0A paint and decal scheme

U.N.N.GhostRider303 VF-0

Hey guys just need a little input here. I've been staring at the decals for my VF-0A kit and I'm not sure if they'll do the trick for the paint scheme I'm going for. If any of you have seen Macross Zero 5 and can shed some light on the matter, that would be awesome. Basically I want to make it look like Shin's only minus the Ghost booster and fast pack. <_<

it actually has low viz markings. I've a pic of the two seater version. The problem is I dunno if the decals that came with the kit would be a good idea to use. It comes with the dark grey skull markings, but I think they may turn out to look brown or something. I'm also not sure what shade of grey to paint the kit.

haha leave it to my main man Alpha to cover my wing with sweet pictures! Thanks bro. If I can find a smaller VF-0A two seater picture I'll post it to show you what I'm talking about. still don't know what shade of grey to use though <_<

I've never posted an image in here before so hopefully it shows up. Anyway this is the two seater VF-0A. (not VF-0B!!) The color scheme is the same as the other if you look closely. The only differences are the navagator seat, and the number designation.

post-3-1099710520_thumb.jpg

haha leave it to my main man Alpha to cover my wing with sweet pictures! Thanks bro. If I can find a smaller VF-0A two seater picture I'll post it to show you what I'm talking about. still don't know what shade of grey to use though  <_<

VF-0A, two seater and shin colors! :o

Edited by AlphaHX

Differently form the scan and the model, i believe the shin vf-0a don't have the black, stripes on the wings ala roy's Vf-OS, not sure about the skull logo, probably is just a spare Vf-0a without a particular color scheme. The UN logo and the number will do the work.

Well after about 20 minutes of studying frame by frame, painstakingly enough I've come to a conclusion. Ido is right. There's no Skull markings whatsoever. I also dont believe its number designation is even on the tail either. Its on the wing, and on its lower section. Other than that, she's a plain bird. However, the other dilema has yet to be addressed by anyone yet. What are the best color shades to replicate Shin's VF-0A? Is there someone that can produce and answer to this enigma? :blink:

Well after about 20 minutes of studying frame by frame, painstakingly enough I've come to a conclusion. Ido is right. There's no Skull markings whatsoever. I also dont believe its number designation is even on the tail either. Its on the wing, and on its lower section. Other than that, she's a plain bird. However, the other dilema has yet to be addressed by anyone yet. What are the best color shades to replicate Shin's VF-0A? Is there someone that can produce and answer to this enigma? :blink:

I told you well before Ido: no skull!! As for numbers in the tail, you may want to view it again frame by frame. I'm 100% sure there is one shot showing a small number on the tip of the tail.

You're right Gerwalker. I'm sorry I didnt mention you. I honestly thought I did when I posted. Anyway you're right as well. Another thing I noticed, is that in extreme close ups of Shin's VF-0A you can see a faint white stripe across the air brake, much like the black one on Skull leader's. There's also another one just under the canopy that runs through the UN SPacy fighting kite logo, also like the black ones on Fokker's VF-0S.

Hmm.. judging by those pictures, the plane looks like an overall light-ghost grey, probably lightened a bit... quite a bit actually.. maybe a 50-50 mix of l-g grey and white, with either white or a very light grey for the nose.. that pretty much goes with current camo colors though, so it may be what they used. It might be more blue than that though. Note though, that's just off the model pics.. the cg is MUCH lighter... I can't really tell, in some places it looks blue-ish, others it looks greenish.. I'm very tempted to suggest an overall coat of light gull grey, what has been used on naval aircraft since Vietnam.. this just looks a little more blue than that shade, and a bit lighter, light gull grey is almost a light tan. Your best bet may be to mix a little bit of blue with light gull grey, or maybe make a mixture of light ghost and light gull greys... I'd mix a little bit of those colors on paper and see if you can get a good mixture ratio, but those colors would probably be a good starting point, along with some white to brighten it up to the point of matching the animation.