Classic Warbirds

garoquel

The guys in the Model club are all over WWII air craft. Thats mostly what is build That and tanks. Cool stuff for sure. Cool looking CG

Edited by Armor

These are done in Illustrator first, then it is done in photoshop, but first you have to do the research find photographs pictures anything you can in the subject, markings , colors and things like that.

after that its a couple of hours just doing the aluminum colors on each panel mostly a black done at 50% and a really ligth blue.

then come markings, stencils, shadows and highligths.

so all in all its a bout a half a days work for the basic one:

Mustang-Malcom-Hood-Master.gif

Then I have a template to use for other aircraft, now if im doing lets say a RAF version I have to do camouflage and thats another process altogether.

Also if I want to add rockets, droptanks and bombs I have to do them from scratch so its almost like building a plastic scale model almost :)

Edited by garoquel

for my work I measure from pictures or drawings to get the correct size, also it depends what type of droptank youre doing since there were a good half dozen both factory and field improvized.

I'll post a version with drop tanks and HVAR rockets soon ;)