Gadget that EVERYONE needs

Agent ONE

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65392,00.html in case you can't get into the link at the top of the thread.

As soon as these things become common, TV's will just start incorporating a code as part of the IR signal. So the cost of manufacturing a TV will increase marginally, and you'll still have to watch somebody else's favorite show.

I'd rather see loud-ass-car-stereo-b-gone, blaring-car-alarm-b-gone, fat-mother-yelling-at-her-kids-and-hitting-them-in-the-mall-b-gone...but seriously the real answer is (a) respect the rules set by the owner when you're enjoying yourself on private property (b) have reasonable enforcement of disturbing-the-peace laws in public (.c) if you want a quiet atmosphere, it can always be had if you're willing to pay for it. Here are some other options (and it might be worth mentioning to the proprietor why you're taking your business elsewhere):

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/best/results/8515/

Oh, I wish the fat mother would yell at her damn kids and hit them already. Kids today don't have enough discipline, and frankly, I'm more sick of hearing the damn kids crying and throwing a fit because their mom won't buy them some stupid Yu-Gi-Oh cards than the sound of the mother laying down the law. Spoiled-brat-b-gone, anyone?

Oh, I wish the fat mother would yell at her damn kids and hit them already. Kids today don't have enough discipline, and frankly, I'm more sick of hearing the damn kids crying and throwing a fit because their mom won't buy them some stupid Yu-Gi-Oh cards than the sound of the mother laying down the law. Spoiled-brat-b-gone, anyone?

I agree. It worked for me.

i'm down for it! have you heard the mouths on some of these kids today? if i spoke like that to anyone, especially an adult, i'd get the smack down by the folks, in the store and when i got home. nowadays the kids will sue their parents and cry child abuse. shoot, my folks beat me when i got out of line and it made me a better man.

uh that idea is rather old. But novel. back in middle school (about 12 years ago) I got my parents to buy me one of those Casio universal Remote watches. I could program the watch (using these codes form the manual) to control basic functions of TVs and VCRs. In class I would rewind, stop, turnoff the TV or VCR. it drove the teachers crazy until this jerkoff tattled on me.

Yeah When Nick first got the Watch we were in HK and My Relatives were all singing Bad Chinese Kareoke on a tv so guess what we did :ph34r: heh

I wholeheartedly agree with the loud-radio-be-gone and the spoiled-brat-be-gone. :p

I can't stand it when you see a kid throwing a fit and all the parents can do is say (in little pansy voice) "I don't like the way you're treating me" "Please use your words" "You need to decide if you're acting the right way" <_<

It's a little kid and they're pissed off! The parent needs to make the decision and inform the kid of the proper way to behave! If that means a swat on the bottom to get through to them so be it. :p Once is usually enough to stop it for life.

A1 I do agree withyou that a nice restaraunt is no place to be yelling at the boob tube.