NEW Space Cruiser Yamato game for the PS2.

UN Spacy

Here's some info. Comes with a DVD too. I wonder how import friendly this game is.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-25080.html

Man the helm of the Battle Cruiser Yamato and take the legendary vessel into two theaters of war where players perform in action-packed space conflicts. The control over Yamato is mastered through the left analog thumbpad which gracefully swings through space based on your tugs and pushes of the stick. Ordnance and weapon systems are controlled through the other buttons on the Dual Shock. During the game, ship captains may inspect the condition of the ship's hull as it takes on damage and weathers the rigors of war. Repair crews and maintenance workers may be directed to bolster the weakening bulwarks of damaged ships throughout the fleet. Versatile cameras situated outside the ship also allow for viewing the action through different angles and perspectives.

Bandai ships the first volume of three Space Battle Cruiser Yamato games this week in Japan. The second and third volumes are expected in January and April of 2005 respectively. The first production of Space Battleship Yamato includes a bonus 60-minute DVD which contains the Space Battle Cruiser Yamato: New Voyage movie which debuted in August of 1979. The game and DVD are bundled together in a nifty slipcase.

Here's some info. Comes with a DVD too. I wonder how import friendly this game is.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-25080.html

Man the helm of the Battle Cruiser Yamato and take the legendary vessel into two theaters of war where players perform in action-packed space conflicts. The control over Yamato is mastered through the left analog thumbpad which gracefully swings through space based on your tugs and pushes of the stick. Ordnance and weapon systems are controlled through the other buttons on the Dual Shock. During the game, ship captains may inspect the condition of the ship's hull as it takes on damage and weathers the rigors of war. Repair crews and maintenance workers may be directed to bolster the weakening bulwarks of damaged ships throughout the fleet. Versatile cameras situated outside the ship also allow for viewing the action through different angles and perspectives.

Bandai ships the first volume of three Space Battle Cruiser Yamato games this week in Japan. The second and third volumes are expected in January and April of 2005 respectively. The first production of Space Battleship Yamato includes a bonus 60-minute DVD which contains the Space Battle Cruiser Yamato: New Voyage movie which debuted in August of 1979. The game and DVD are bundled together in a nifty slipcase.

:o Gameplay does sound different from the PS1 version. Aside from Gamelon combat, I wonder how battles with the Comet Empire will look like for both EDF and Comet Empire warships. With the Arrivederci Yamato PS1 game, you had control over other EDF ships including the Andromeda, general battleships, cruisers and destroyers, along with the Yamato.

Back cover to Arrivederci Yamato PS1 game

Damnit, where's Matsumoto's new series, that's what we really need for the 30th!

Given images of the new series so far, I'm not to enthralled. <_< However, these screenshots for volume 1 do look nice.

ep01-g2.jpg

ep01-g2-1.jpg

One site appears to provide a basic summary along some screen shots.

Space Battle Ship Yamato -Iskandal eno Tsuioku (Limited Edition) (Japan Version)

The summary seems kind of confusing as it states the games storyline takes place after the conflict with the Comet Empire and supposedly adapts Space Battle Ship Yamato-The New Voyage. It states that combat involves fighting the EDF, Gamilons and the Comet Empire. From what I recall, I thought the New Voyage involved the Black Nebula Empire. Can someone clarify? :blink:

I got this game and this game is nothing like the PS1's Space Battleship Yamato games...

It is poorly designed and badly programmed.

It takes a long time to load between the scenes, and the battles are command based. (The PS1 games are action based and they are more exciting and fun)

I don't mind it is command based but the AI (my side) is stupid...

I can give a A- to the PS1 SB Yamato games but this PS2 version... I can only give a C.

Long loading time is the killer, Sony should think of using the hard drive...

The only good thing is the animation and the collection DVD with all the redraw animation from the PS1 games.

Edited by ogami

I got this game and this game is nothing like the PS1's Space Battleship Yamato games...

It is poorly designed and badly programmed.

It takes a long time to load between the scenes, and the battles are command based. (The PS1 games are action based and they are more exciting and fun)

I don't mind it is command based but the AI (my side) is stupid...

I can give a A- to the PS1 SB Yamato games but this PS2 version... I can only give a C.

Long loading time is the killer, Sony should think of using the hard drive...

The only good thing is the animation and the collection DVD with all the redraw animation from the PS1 games.

Thanks for the review. :) From what I recall of the three Yamato PS1 games, a friend of mine told me the first one was not very good. I bought the second and third one. I throughly enjoyed the Comet Empire one and the third game was some weird storyline that supposedly took place during the first series but used the engine from the second game.