Would Yamato stop producing macross items soon?

Protoplast

I truly believe yamato will not STOP producing valks, just space them out more and time them when demand reaches an all time high. Will we get a bigger perfect variable VF-0? An SV-51? I think we will once demand in japan goes high. Yamato owes its fans but mainly in japan. We gotta keep in mind we are NOT the target audience, the japanese fans are since they are able to buy them with relative ease where as we have to import them. The oplder demographic in japan loves them for sure but its a business for toys, so once the drought keeps going, it'll pick up once again with bandai racing against yamato to put out the first VF-1 toy. I am sure this is what bandai has been waiting for after all. Toynbami is out of the fray. So yamato is the only thing bandai has to worry about. Once fans start clamoring for more durability and if bandai adds a thigh swivel, HCM style gunpod, new head and pilots+wing missles to their 1/55(mod it) then I am sure they would justify retail price.

I doubt yamato would be dumb enough to disregard their 1/48 molds and the macross franchise which made them a bigger name. Just use it when time is right.

Well some OVA's in japan don't reach their high popularity point after the OVA is over, maybe the popularity of Macross Zero will rise after the last episode is released at the end of the month, the future of Macross Toys will depend on the success of the last episode of Zero, if it sux, well yeah, Macross Toys are going to die out with it's market. Life is painfull sometimes <_<

Edited by NoSuchFile

I truly believe yamato will not STOP producing valks, just space them out more and time them when demand reaches an all time high.  Will we get a bigger perfect variable VF-0?  An SV-51?  I think we will once demand in japan goes high.  Yamato owes its fans but mainly in japan.  We gotta keep in mind we are NOT the target audience,  the japanese fans are since they are able to buy them with relative ease where as we have to import them.  The oplder demographic in japan loves them for sure but its a business for toys, so once the drought keeps going, it'll pick up once again with bandai racing against yamato to put out the first VF-1 toy.  I am sure this is what bandai has been waiting for after all.  Toynbami is out of the fray.  So yamato is the only thing bandai has to worry about.  Once fans start clamoring for more durability and if bandai adds a thigh swivel, HCM style gunpod, new head and pilots+wing missles to their 1/55(mod it) then I am sure they would justify retail price.

I doubt yamato would be dumb enough to disregard their 1/48 molds and the macross franchise which made them a bigger name.  Just use it when time is right.

I don't believe they will either. There is still plenty of demand, I believe if just one more run of each of the 1/48s, save the Hikaru VF-1A should still sell excellently and in a modest amount of time now that also RT fans know that there is a better valk out there. I still can't believe that some people are just beginning to discover the 1/48s.

Those 1/48 molds are worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox to Yamato. Hopefully they realise this.

There goes my hopes for a Yamato 1/48 VF-17D/S

You know, it doesn't necessarily have to be Yamato. If Bandai were to do a COMPLETE overhaul of their VF-17, and if it 1/ looked good 2/ transformed perfectly 3/ high quality, then I wouldn't mind buying from Bandai any day. I think I speak for all of us when all we are looking for is the best transformable toy out there of a VF-X.

Edited by kensei

I truly believe yamato will not STOP producing valks, just space them out more and time them when demand reaches an all time high.  Will we get a bigger perfect variable VF-0?  An SV-51?  I think we will once demand in japan goes high.  Yamato owes its fans but mainly in japan.  We gotta keep in mind we are NOT the target audience,  the japanese fans are since they are able to buy them with relative ease where as we have to import them.  The oplder demographic in japan loves them for sure but its a business for toys, so once the drought keeps going, it'll pick up once again with bandai racing against yamato to put out the first VF-1 toy.  I am sure this is what bandai has been waiting for after all.  Toynbami is out of the fray.  So yamato is the only thing bandai has to worry about.  Once fans start clamoring for more durability and if bandai adds a thigh swivel, HCM style gunpod, new head and pilots+wing missles to their 1/55(mod it) then I am sure they would justify retail price.

I doubt yamato would be dumb enough to disregard their 1/48 molds and the macross franchise which made them a bigger name.  Just use it when time is right.

I don't believe they will either. There is still plenty of demand, I believe if just one more run of each of the 1/48s, save the Hikaru VF-1A should still sell excellently and in a modest amount of time now that also RT fans know that there is a better valk out there. I still can't believe that some people are just beginning to discover the 1/48s.

Those 1/48 molds are worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox to Yamato. Hopefully they realise this.

There goes my hopes for a Yamato 1/48 VF-17D/S

You know, it doesn't necessarily have to be Yamato. If Bandai were to do a COMPLETE overhaul of their VF-17, and if it 1/ looked good 2/ transformed perfectly 3/ high quality, then I wouldn't mind buying from Bandai any day. I think I speak for all of us when all we are looking for is the best transformable toy out there of a VF-X.

they DO realize that. I think they are basically learning from Bandai's mistakes and basically now for BOTH companies it is the waiting game. bandai with their new sculpt heads and such, that stuff costs money so I think they are just implementing them when the time and nostalgia kicks in once again. Timing is the key for both companies to make profit. Once people start craving durability and old school feel again, thats when I think bandai will do reissues with teh features xstoys mentioned. all they need more so is thigh swivel and missles and BAM. I think i might like it more than 1/.48.

its all about timing. Yamato has learned from bandai and takatoku. they wont screw up in the same ways IMHO.

I may be dreaming  :unsure: , but I noticed that HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) is plannin' to restock 1/48 vf-1s roy in dec. Here's the link:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT00018

i'm not sure how current that is but lets hope its not true....especially for the dudes that got ripped.

if ti is true, you can bet the QC on them won't be as good as the 1st reissues, it'll be worse than the QC on the M&M's for-shee-zee

Edited by haterist

I may be dreaming  :unsure: , but I noticed that HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) is plannin' to restock 1/48 vf-1s roy in dec. Here's the link:

My guess is that HLJ hoping to hear back from one of their wholesale distributor to see who still has any left. That's why it isn't listed as discontinued yet....It's possible that a wholesaler has some sitting around.

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

We've had what is it, a nice 5 year run with lots of new Macross toys from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto, CM's & K&M, but I have a feeling that we are in for a long dry spell for at least the next several years (or possibly longer).

I think basically that the Macross bubble has burst and with Macross Zero drawing to a close this month and no new Macross anime or new Macross console game on the horizon, the toys are going to dry up soon.

Kind of a bittersweet assessment for me. I've amassed an impressive collection of Yamato items over the past few years and I'm very happy with them. While I'd like to see more large scale Valkyries, I don't know that I can afford it. Macross has tapped my play money something fierce in recent years.

No other anime/mecha can hold my wallet hostage quite like Macross, so from that perspective, I feel I've thrown off the yoke for a few years. :)

Edited by Draykov

A supplier in the Phillipines also claimed that the Roy VF-1S is going to be re-issued again around November. So it could be true now since HLJ has it on being re-stock in December. Here's the Link again for the supplier from Phillipines.

http://greattoys.proboards18.com/index.cgi...&num=1092891604

Edited by Valk-1S

Everybody get away! They're mine!!! :D

i'm not sure how current that is but lets hope its not true....especially for the dudes that got ripped.

if ti is true, you can bet the QC on them won't be as good as the 1st reissues, it'll be worse than the QC on the M&M's for-shee-zee

How bad are they? I mean, mine are pretty good. Airbrake opens a millimeter when she leans forward, but that's about it. No faulty leg movement either.

Edited by kensei

Everybody get away! They're mine!!! :D

How bad are they? I mean, mine are pretty good. Airbrake opens a millimeter when she leans forward, but that's about it. No faulty leg movement either.

pull out your 1A max and compare it to a 1J super max.

you'll see how the joints aren't nearly as tight, the paint job is a bit messy, some parts are a bit off color, seam lines are more noticeable, some flash left over, some parts needed sanding, etc.

i completely understand that the QC level goes down since molds do degrade with each run, so keeping that in mind, how do you think the 1S is going to hold up against its past releases?

i'm not saying they'll be terrible, and those that missed out are gonna be grateful, but it still not going to be up to par with the earlier valks.

pull out your 1A max and compare it to a 1J super max. 

you'll see how the joints aren't nearly as tight, the paint job is a bit messy, some parts are a bit off color, seam lines are more noticeable, some flash left over,  some parts needed sanding, etc. 

i completely understand that the QC level goes down since molds do degrade with each run, so keeping that in mind, how do you think the 1S is going to hold up against its past releases? 

i'm not saying they'll be terrible, and those that missed out are gonna be grateful, but it still not going to be up to par with the earlier valks.

They won't be too bad.

With the VF-1A compared to the VF-1J, there is a marked difference in paint quality. You are perfectly right about that. But I forgive them because of the fact that it has to be transformed and that they can't really cover every mm square of the valk with the correct paint colour. But, still in all, I'm hoping that they are still giving it their best effort, otherwise I would be pissed.

With the joints they are fine on two of the Max VF-1J's. If anything they are a bit stiffer, but not too much. I like my joints smooth, but not loose, perfect on the LV and the Max and the reissued VF-1A Hikaru. The 1st ed of the VF-1A Hikaru and the VF-1S Focker is a different story, they need a grease job or something, the joints are so stiff! <_< Here's hopin that the reissue is a lot smoother int he knees and elbows.

EDIT oh yeah, and the airbrake still pisses me off on the Max's. The worst so far is the VF-1S Hikaru, and the best is the Low Vis. Actually so far, I would say that the one that had the best QC ever is the LV. Hey Haterist, maybe the QC on the LV is limited edition as well. :lol:

Edited by kensei

Actually so far, I would say that the one that had the best QC ever is the LV. Hey Haterist, maybe the QC on the LV is limited edition as well. :lol:

That's right on the money-as far as my collection goes anyways...

Huh?

The QC on my 1J's is just as good as any of the earlier 1/48's. The only slightly valid complaint I've heard is that the paint was fuzzy on some, but I didn't notice any drop off in quality on mine.

The joints are plenty tight - in my opinion the 1/48's have gotten better with each release. In my opinion a crooked Skull insignia and a nose cone that falls off is waaaaay worse than any proof I've seen regarding a possible fuzzy paint line on the lower leg of a Max or Millia.

Huh?

The QC on my 1J's is just as good as any of the earlier 1/48's.  The only slightly valid complaint I've heard is that the paint was fuzzy on some, but I didn't notice any drop off in quality on mine.

The joints are plenty tight - in my opinion the 1/48's have gotten better with each release.  In my opinion a crooked Skull insignia and a nose cone that falls off is waaaaay worse than any proof I've seen regarding a possible fuzzy paint line on the lower leg of a Max or Millia.

Don't worry, the assertions about the inferiority of the upcoming re-release are being made in the exact same tone of certainty with which it was asserted there wouldn't be a re-release. ;)

Gotta chuckle. :lol: