Saturn DYRL question

lord_breetai

Okay quite a while back I was told there was a mission in DYRL for the Sega Saturn where you controlled the Macross... I've played through the game on easy and am half way through on hard now... was I lied to about this mission, or is it something you can unlock? I mean if it isn't there it's still a great game, but I don't like having been mislead (even though I can't remember who told me that in the first place).

Are SRW Alpha and SRW Alpha for Dreamcast the only games you get to control the Macross in?

The only Macross games where you can control the SDF-01 UNS Macross itself is in some of the PC games (Love Story, Skull Leader, and Remember Me IIRC)... in otherwords, you were lied to. I own and have beaten the PS1 version of DYRL (identical to the Saturn release) and there is no such mission

Edited by Skull Leader

The only Macross games where you can control the SDF-01 UNS Macross itself is in some of the PC games (Love Story, Skull Leader, and Remember Me IIRC)... in otherwords, you were lied to. I own and have beaten the PS1 version of DYRL (identical to the Saturn release) and there is no such mission

Did you get the dancing Minmay doll at the end? ;)

Did you get the dancing Minmay doll at the end? ;)

ok, so maybe not EXACTLY identical :) (no, I didn't! :) )

Aha!

I was also talking about the PS1 version, since that's the only one I've played.

You get the Minmay Doll when you complete it on hard, and also depending on how many times you clock the game you also get given options, such as Movie-Only mode (watch all the FMV clips back-to-back) and Muteki Mode (Invincibility).

most of those get unlocked after beating normal mode.... I never did beat it on hard.... I couldn't get past that boss you fight at the end of the Max/Milia duel scene, which was always the most difficult boss for me regardless of the difficulty level

You and me both, sometimes it took several tries for me to get thru a boss....sure it seems easy going thru the basic enemy forces, but once you start going against bosses you better hope you have gotten the buttons figured out....I use to somehow stay in fighter mode and barrel roll alone going up an down......smacking into the floor.......BAD idea. ;)

But overall my favorite experince in the game was seeing a gigantic 3D Macross, yep that was the key highlight, next to having a GPS-VF-1J :p oh man Let the bodies hit the floor!

Ah well... I still have Super Robot Wars Alpha...