Star Wars Battlefront

Druna Skass

Which is why I hardly ever use my computer for games, just not worth the hassle...

Spoken like a true console lover. :p

PC > Consoles

Spoken like a true PC fanatic. :lol:

I like my PC. I'm having fun downloading fan-made modules for Neverwinter Nights and playing those. But for the most part, I'd rather play on the 27" (soon to be 54" widescreen) TV with the home theater, so I went with the Xbox version.

Yeah, the missions do repeat, yes, the game is monotonous... but there's something to be said for mindlessly slaughtering hordes of enemies. I mean, it worked for Dynasty Warriors.

Generic Rebel fighter is definitely the best of the bunch. I have more success with them than the others.

Have you tried the Super Battle Droid on the CIS side? It's missile launcher makes it a little easier to take out turrets, but it's blaster is just as effective as the Rebel Solider/Storm Trooper/Regular Republic Soldier.

The controls have one stick for the movement and one for looking. I hope they put an option for the left stick being foward and backward movement and look left and right, while the right stick strafes and looks up and down.

You mean like "Legacy"? You'll be happy to know that in the final Xbox version, you can set the left stick to Turn/Move, and the right stick to strafe/look.

Yeah, the missions do repeat, yes, the game is monotonous... but there's something to be said for mindlessly slaughtering hordes of enemies. I mean, it worked for Dynasty Warriors.

Yeah and Dynasty Warrriors is better. After all it has a story.

The controls have one stick for the movement and one for looking. I hope they put an option for the left stick being foward and backward movement and look left and right, while the right stick strafes and looks up and down.

You mean like "Legacy"? You'll be happy to know that in the final Xbox version, you can set the left stick to Turn/Move, and the right stick to strafe/look.

Never played Legacy, and having the Xbox version do that doesn't affect me one bit since I only have a PS2, though I'm sure the final PS2 version will have that ability too.

Either way, I'm starting to get used to it, so it's not so much a big deal any more.

I played the demo last night. My review:

I enjoyed killing ewoks.  (positive)

The sniper rifle has no zoom. (negative)

You get to play as a wookie.  (positive)

But not an ewok. (negative)

Ewok spears (when they do hit you) tend to kill you *** very *** quickly.  (strangely positive)

You get to run around in an AT ST (positive)

There are so many trees that you can't actually run anywhere (negative)

You get to ride a speeder bike (positive)

The speeder bike goes fast (positive)

Speeder bike is about as accurate as US intelligence prior to the invasion of Iraq (negative)

Multiplayer would be very cool indeed (positive)

No jedi (positive)

Weird focusing effect that makes the whole 'thing' kinda blurry and claustrophobic (negative) - I might recind this one as the more I think about it...  Hmmm

Stoopid and linear set-up of 'flags' (negative)

The fact that you get slaughtered like a pig  very quickly and fairly often

(negative)

The fact that I *** think *** I heard an 'ei-cha-wa-wa' (sic) when I smash an ewok's muck-hole.  (POSITIVE)

Will I buy the game?  Yes.  If only because of the fact that it will be filled with creamy multi-player goodness.

OH!   I had this once scene where I was in AT ST and came into a clearing with about 6 ewoks...  I had a tear in my eye.  It was beautiful...  So very beautiful...  Just how the movie should have been.

I'm tearing up again...

The sniper rifle has no zoom. (negative)

I was able to zoom in with the sniper rifle with every faction. Are you sure it didn't work? I clicked down on the right analog stick. I'm not positive but I think some factions snipers are able to zoom in 2x while others only 1x. Either way, I have no problem taking people out from long range. It's up close that I have problems... especially against that pesky Count Dooku and his behind the back lightsaber blocks. :lol:

OH! I had this once scene where I was in AT ST and came into a clearing with about 6 ewoks... I had a tear in my eye. It was beautiful... So very beautiful... Just how the movie should have been.

I'm tearing up again...

You think driving an AT-ST is fun, try driving an AT-AT. You feel positively omnipotent, blasting mortals on the ground, blasting turrets, blasting just about everything as you slowly meander toward your goal. Occasionally, you get hit by turret fire, but seeing how little damage it does adds to your omnipotence. And you'll really get a kick out of the first time a snow speeder tries to tie you up, and you nail it as it circles around the front, watching it spin away in a firey wreck.