MACROSS 7 questions

valkyrietestpilot

ok,i'm most of the way through the first half of macross7 for the 1st time & i noticed a few things.i loved seeing millia's vf-1j back in action,that was a real treat,but when mylene & basara acted in the minmay tribute tv special,all the footage in the background was from DYRL?.i thought they weren't supposed to mesh together directly.kinda just co-exist w/o actually refering to one another.hmmm,tv 1j & quedlun-rau's & valk 1s's w/ movie style pilot suits & even mylene asking mom if she micronized for max.feels like they took the series & movie & threw them into a blender.is this a mistake on the producer's part? how much input did the "holly floating head" have in the run of this series? :huh:

it is kind of like watching the new star wars movies, they just don't quite fully fit with the continuity of the original three, it would seem like it is another person making them, but it is lucas messing up his own creation, same applies here, justr wait until you watch macross zero, then you will have more questions, and be more mixed up about dyrl and sdf

well,mac7 has elements from plus,DYRL? & SDF.it's kinda like a big family reunion for macross.and,i agree with others opinoins of this series here,it's great after the 10th episode.kinda drags before then,but i'll have to say i'm quite addicted to seeing the next episode now.hmph,who'd of thunk it? -_-

it would seem like it is another person making them, but it is lucas messing up his own creation, same applies here

By the way, I've always had the feeling that, even if Macross 7 is full of Kawamori's spirit, it is poor of Kawamori's actual execution. I think the speaker pod idea is Kawamori's, but I think most of the cheesiness in Macross 7 is from director Amino.

FV

It's been quoted here before that Kawamori has stated that "the true story of Space War I is somewhere between SDF and DYRL?", and the fact that M7 indicates a mesh between the two lendsa lot of credit to that remark.

It is only for simplicity sake, or misinformation, that ppeople state unequivocally that the "true Space War I" uses the story of SDF and the visuals of DYRL?.

This is nothing new.

i guess we will never know, we have built website, forums, and even dedicated our lives to something that may not even have happend. spent countless hours and money, on a phenomenon that know no one, except hoary froating head, knows what actually happened. the true story isn't even revealed, this could all be a lie, maybe the zentradi actually won, who really knows??? :D

Edited by kanedaestes

hey man,don't piss in our cheerios dude :p kawamori will leave us a written document answering all questions upon his final moments on this earth.......right? that's gonna happen....isn't it? i hope it doesn't say "haha got you fanboys!!!!" :p

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

By the way, I've always had the feeling that, even if Macross 7 is full of Kawamori's spirit, it is poor of Kawamori's actual execution. I think the speaker pod idea is Kawamori's, but I think most of the cheesiness in Macross 7 is from director Amino.

FV

I totally agree, for some reason M7 doesn't look much "Kawamorish" way too much cheese.

Later ;)

It's been quoted here before that Kawamori has stated that "the true story of Space War I is somewhere between SDF and DYRL?", and the fact that M7 indicates a mesh between the two lendsa lot of credit to that remark.

Bingo. Much like our war movies and such, they are a dramatization of the actual events. Whether or not they are true is left to those who were there. :)

M7 doesn't look much "Kawamorish"

Define "Kawamorish". The man has done a variety of work so what distinguishes him from others? :)

If you thought macross was all serious & no cheese, then you haven't watch the original series very closely have you?

As for 7, taking the current status of canon, DYRL now represents 2031 era Macross, so naturally things in that period spill over into 2045 era Macross. Kawamori has said that the TV series remains canon for the events surrounding 2009-2012. Macross 7 doesn't step on any toes in this regard.

it would seem like it is another person making them, but it is lucas messing up his own creation, same applies here

FV

Yes, I agree. Amino is an idiot.