Starship troopers comic

Hey all. i know we have some SST fans here, as well as haters . but as it happens, a new SST comic, or GN really, is going to be released soon. check out the preview scans at newsarama. lets not turn this thread into an arguement, though.

Newsarama SST previews

hooray for K-9 units!!

Meh... Not too impressed. Too much of the imagery is based on the movie, and that hurts.

The artwork is a good example of Black/White/Grey shading, but the actual designs of the suits and that machine are way too wacky for me. When I think of ST, I think of highly mechanical designs.

The script doesn't knock me off of my feet, either.

I think it's funny that Byron, the Special Ops Senser, is relegated to "cabbage-head" status and needs to be told that the Neo-Dog will "probably" need to be put down (IIRC, in the book, the Neo-Dog is always put down, and the handler is usually relegated to other duites, but rarely survives the Neo-Dog's death).

Not for me. But I will be so generous (ha) as to wish the creators good luck. :D

edit: spelling.

Edited by the white drew carey

I'm really disappointed by the mechanical designs... <_<

Another franchise ruined by a lack of imagination though the original novel was a great inspiration to come with on all aspects. I liked the movie however: it was respectful of the ST spirit IMO :)