Pricing on HCM VF-1S Hikaru

J_Spec

Well I've had my HCM VF-1S Hikaru 1:72 for about 5 years now and I was wondering how much this valkyrie goes for. I'm not expecting an exact number, but maybe a range or an estimate would be helpful. I'm more into collecting these rare items because of their value.

By the way, I'm new to the Macross World forums. But I've been reading up on the posts for quite a while now.

;)

It really depends a lot on the condition of the toy and the box. Is the box pristine? What is the condition of the toy, C-10, C-9 etc? Are the stickers applied? Are all the small parts still on their sprus? Does it still have the standing Hikaru pilot figure? Are the instructions and card still with the toy? Are the diecast metal parts untarnished? Is the toy broken in any way? Is any of the paintwork scratched?

There are many things to consider!

Here in Hong Kong, a mint HCM VF-1S with unapplied stickers will normally sell for about HK$3,000 to HK$3,500 last time I checked (About US$385 to US$450).

Graham

Personally, I would say approximately $175 on the average. And it varies on the conditions and the buyer to seller/ seller to buyer. Every situation is different, but statically, its around there.

That seems a bit low to me, but then again I'm just going by the HK price. I have no idea what they sell for on ebay.

Graham

Well I'd say the condition of the box is C9 while the valkyrie itself is literally pristine. I haven't transformed it either. The model pieces are still on the tree, no stickers applied. Basically everything is as it was when it was first produced...Ummm way back in 85 if I'm correct? But anyways that's the condition of the valk as of now and I lost track of how much it was ever since i bought it.

BTW, thank you for your replies. Much appreciated!

Welcome to Macross World, J_Spec! In addition to what others have suggested, I'd add that the HCM's do come up on eBay from time to time, so you might do a search for completed auctions. Yahoo Japan might also be a good place to look, if you can figure it out. However, I think that YJ prices are often lower than eBay prices, probably because of greater supply, limited market (relatively few non-Japanese buyers), and greater incidental fees that overseas buyers often have to pay.

Update: I happened to have a couple of HCM 1S's still sitting in my watched auctions over on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

One went for 127.50, the other for 89.99. I recognize the sellers' id's, in fact one is blackaces from MW, who I believe is based in Singapore; the other is based somewhere else in the Far East. So the cost of shipping may have affected the final price, along with condition (see the auction listings for details).

Hi Graham;

Yeah, I noticed that the prices from HK are expensive. For example, "Blackaces" offered me approx. $650 w/ shipping for a VF-1S Super Valkyrie (MIB unused) 1/55 by Takatoku. Approximately a week ago, it was $260 in eBay. According to the pictures, it was fabulous!!

Blackaces is a wonderful guy, but his items are pretty expensive. But as far as the HCM's goes, if the time is right one can get it for a lower price.

Noel sells them for what he thinks they're worth. I may not agree with it or you may not, but it's his merchandise and his call. Personally, for a pristine Takatoku VF-1S Supervalkyrie set, $650 is about par for the course I think. (I wouldn't pay that, but I know several that would)

Just to clarify what I meant by the shipping affecting the prices...since you have to pay more to have an item shipped from Asia, I'd expect the final auction value to be lower compared to an HCM which is sold by a US buyer with lower shipping costs. So the prices I quoted may be a little on the low side, since one item was being shipped from S'pore, the other from Hong Kong (I think).

From HK and S'pore to the U.S., shipping normally cost $20-$25. For example, around June03 I bought a vintage VF-1S Strike Valkyrie 1/55 from HK w/ shpping $425. This item was opened and in brand new condition! It was bone white and the misc. contents were sealed in their little baggie. At first, the seller accepted my offer of $300, than cancelled. So I offered him another $100 to closed the deal.

Evidently, Noel sale what he feels is the value of the item. I must say it is one of the highest i've seen around. Then again, i'm pretty sure there are people willing to buy it. But if one have a choice to get it for less, where would you think one will choose? Don't get me wrong, Noel has the finest vintage Macross toys around and there may come a time that i'll buy one from him to complete my Bandai 1/55 "DYRL" Macross series. At the same token, i'll be on the look out for a less one too.

The HCM's or the Macross 1/55 usually cost $20-$25 for shipping to the U.S.