DYRL? What year?

Culverin

1: this is a newbie quesion. Please post in the newbie questions thread when you have a question like this.

2. The Macross Compendium is your best friend. Consult this site before asking a question like this because generally the compendium has the answer you're looking for, even if it's about the backstory of the show.

3.DYRL? Was released in 1984, July 7th.

PleasePleasePlease use internet resources before asking questions like that here. It makes the Mods happy and prevents them from yelling at you or making you feel inferior.

Edited by Boxer

when you have a question like this.
Consult this site before asking a question like this
PleasePleasePlease use internet resources before asking questions like that here.
It makes the Mods happy and prevents them from making you feel inferior.

Kind of how you are making Culverin feel inferior right now huh?

Answering his question was very noble of you, but you don't want to scare newbies off.

I've heard time and time again about why some people don't hang out here and ask questions because of the "attitude" they get.

If the mods what to "yell at him or make him inferior" like you say, let them.

That's their job, not yours.

Edited by fansubs2000

when you have a question like this.
Consult this site before asking a question like this
PleasePleasePlease use internet resources before asking questions like that here.
It makes the Mods happy and prevents them from making you feel inferior.

Kind of how you are making Culverin feel inferior right now huh?

Answering his question was very noble of you, but you don't want to scare newbies off.

I've heard time and time again about why some people don't hang out here and ask questions because of the "attitude" they get.

If the mods what to "yell at him or make him inferior" like you say, let them.

That's their job, not yours.

Bravo.

Well said, bruddah. Well said. B))

I have to say the reason for this 'attitude' as you put it is because here at Macrossworld we have a very stable community. People tend to stay for longterm here, we get to know each other. Seeing the same topics brought up again and again, especially those were there are clearly designated places for them to be asked, can grate on some people. I don't tend to share that agrravation, but I can understand where it is coming from.

Since I started coming here in 2002 or so, I've actually felt the attitude here was very welcoming and pleasant. As much as people complain about certain arguments that crop up over and over again, it's still a much more civil place than most message boards I've seen. Many boards actually share similar rules to this one, but when you break them over there the responses can be a lot less forgiving. Try joining the Penny-Arcade forums and showing off artwork or plugging your own website on the first day. They'll cuss you right off their forum and not feel any regret in not seeing you come back.

Welcome to the boards Culverin, I hope you find the place as interesting and inviting as I do. In the future though, any questions you might consider common, such as asking about dates relating to Macross productions, toy releases, magazines and whatnot, names or basic technical questions about mecha, character names or backgrounds, or links between shows and movies, you might want to ask in the appropriate thread pinned at the top of this section. If in doubt as to whether your question belongs there, I'm sure no one will give you a hard time for erring on the side of caution.

I also reccomend searching for topics you're interested in, as there is a wealth of information already covered in a lot of threads already existing. Also, anything relating not to Macross, but to Robotech, or involving questions about both Macross AND Robotech belong in the 'Other Sci-Fi' thread, most likely in one of the pinned discussions at the top of that section of the boards.

Just thought I'd mention all that so you don't make another MW faux-pas.

Since I started coming here in 2002 or so, I've actually felt the attitude here was very welcoming and pleasant.

I agree, for me this place has been a great place to hang out and talk about Macross. So great that I have tried several times to "plug" Macross World to other fans that I have met elsewhere on the net.

A few times though I would get return e-mails telling me that they had questions on these boards only to get blasted, and that they would rather not be a regular here on these boards.

That's why I mentioned the "attitude", that's all.

I don't like seeing members who could be potential regulars just not come here anymore just because some people want to play "mod" when they are not.

For me the attitude has been great.

When I first posted on these boards I added in a picture for my signature.

That is against the rules here, and I did not know that.

I then got PM's from (3) different members politely letting me know about the rules and how no one was allowed to have pictures in their sigs.

At the same time they gave me a warm welcome here to Macross World.

I was very grateful to them for letting me know, and ESPECIALLY for not flaming me about it in front of everyone.

Welcome to the boards Culverin, I hope you find the place as interesting and inviting as I do. In the future though, any questions you might consider common, such as asking about dates relating to Macross productions, toy releases, magazines and whatnot, names or basic technical questions about mecha, character names or backgrounds, or links between shows and movies, you might want to ask in the appropriate thread pinned at the top of this section. If in doubt as to whether your question belongs there, I'm sure no one will give you a hard time for erring on the side of caution.

This is the kind of positive replies that will keep the newbies coming back and hopefully becoming regulars here on the boards.