Macross II...

CamuiGackt

I hear a lot of trash being said about Macross II that I do not agree with. It does not keep continuity with the rest of the series, so what? that is what Gundam has been doing for over two decades yet people flock to it. I know I do, at least the Wing and Seed series...

I loved Macross II! Yes, it was longer than a Kennedy's excuse, but I liked it. I know the Japanese actors are worlds better, and the English acting is stale, but what about the actor for Lord Ingues? He sounded narcissistic and vile, not bad acting at all. Watch it again and listen to what he says and the way he says it after he starts killing his own people and before he is eventually destroyed. Very good acting. the animation was great for the day and can still amaze you with it's beauty. Just look at all of the awesome watercolor paintings done for the advertisement of Macross II, they are so awesome.

The music was great too. Mika Kaneko in particular has an awesome voice. Macross II got me into anime with the help of Evangelion and Macross Plus. Give Macross II another spin.

Let's just kill Hibiki and call it a day, alright?

I have an obsession, a Minmay obsession. Don't try to help me, I will not let you.

*sigh* Animation is great? PUH-LEASE! DYRL? still looks better than the heap of trash that Macross II is, and DYRL? is 8 years old! Macross II left a lot of things out that others have said, such as Protoculture and the Supervision Army. The dubs are a mixed bag really. The characters, well, THEY SUCK! I was fond of only one character and he died early on in the OVA/Movie. My favorite anime characters have a habit of dying. The singing was pretty decent, but the other music not used during the Minmay Attack is awful! For me, Macross II was wasted money because I watched it once, and never watched it again because the next day I got rid of the piece of trash. Too long, too boring(my little brother knocked out and I struggled to stay awake), too....everything is wrong with it! :rolleyes:

The animation starts off OK, but seems to go down hill in the last couple episodes. The mecha action is hard to follow and not well animated. I've watched Mac II twice now and have trouble staying awake, a lot of people have said it was boring and to long. I have to agree. I'm glad I rented this instead of buying it.

This thread is now waiting to be locked :D

Edited by valk1j

yes ...yes...yes!!! we all know what was wrong with macross II <_<

we have talked about it to death personally i think it was pretty decent and i like the fact the the main valk ace was a female.

but there is one thing that we can all agree on :D

the VF-2SS is by far the best looking valk... i would trade all my valks in if Yamato would make a 1/48 of that baby!!!!! :D

Same old same old. I'm not going to wait for the M7 people to trash on M2. That would be akin to letting con-M7 people trash M7 and we hear enough bitching and moaning about that.

Plus this is just a continuation of the locked M2 thread. That's a no-no. Consider yourselves slapped on the wrist.

....and yes, kill english-dubbed Hibiki. Japanese dubbed Hibiki was much more tolerable.