What happened to the 1/60 Monster Destroid?

Godzilla

Ok, I know we are drooling on the fact the VB-6 Koenig Monster is coming. I know I am... And we dislike the 1/100 take apart transformation VF-0 but what the hell happened to the 1/60 Monster Destroid Yamato so proudly displayed in the Japan Hobby mag and some toy fair? I need like 3 of them so I can scare the crap out of my neighbor's cat. :lol::lol: Seriously, Yamato showed it to us way back in December (I think) and now not a hint of when it's coming. And now Yamato is touting the VB-6 and VF-0. I wonder if this is a marketing scheme.... or did they drop the 1/60 Monster?

i think it hit the back burner due to the size and cost of production....oh and the lack of interest. ;)

very few, if any, were willing to pay the $300+ price tag or even have the space to display such a large piece....its was almost the size of a small coffee table. :o forget about shipping costs to the states, it would be over a $100 easy....and imagine if it arrived broken! :blink:

anyhow, i don't think its going to get made, and if it does, it'll have a hefty price tag and made in limited numbers.

this is all just my opinion though. :D

i think it hit the back burner due to the size and cost of production....oh and the lack of interest. ;)

very few, if any, were willing to pay the $300+ price tag or even have the space to display such a large piece....its was almost the size of a small coffee table. :o forget about shipping costs to the states, it would be over a $100 easy....and imagine if it arrived broken! :blink:

anyhow, i don't think its going to get made, and if it does, it'll have a hefty price tag and made in limited numbers.

Dang! You beat me to the punch! I was gonna say that too!

So Yamato quietly put it away on the back burner? Hmm I wonder if it is because ppl complained how much the 1/60 Q-rau cost?

i think it hit the back burner due to the size and cost of production....oh and the lack of interest.  ;)   

very few, if any, were willing to pay the $300+ price tag or even have the space to display such a large piece....its was almost the size of a small coffee table.  :o  forget about shipping costs to the states, it would be over a $100 easy....and imagine if it arrived broken!  :blink:

this is all just my opinion though.  :D

So Yamato quietly put it away on the back burner? Hmm I wonder if it is because ppl complained how much the 1/60 Q-rau cost?

It was unreasonable for Yamato to price the Q-rau that high. Not everybody is a billionaire or something. :)

i don't think it had anything to do with the q-rau, i just think they have more interesting/profitable prospects lined up for the future(aka scopedog, though i have no interest, people here are psyched on this one). they can only produce x amount of toys per year and putting all their eggs in one basket, so to speak, and going full throttle with the 1/60 monster was/is just a crap shoot....investment wise. you might want 3 but you're one of the few that said they'd even buy one.

i think this one is right up there with the 1/60 FP kit, the YF-19 w/FPs, and another run of the LV's. :lol::lol::lol: besides, wishful thinking only make the macross addiction worse....you'll just end up buying multiples of stuff because theres nothing to buy. :p:D:lol:

I really hope you guys are wrong about the monster. But this thing was announced well over a year and half ago. It was supposedly scheduled for release last summer. The last time a thread like this came up, folks also had the opinion that the monster was on the backburner. However, Graham said it was still on the way. Oh well who knows :(

I'll tell you one thing, I want hold my breath over it. I'm still skeptical the konig will make it into production.

With the Koenig Monster hitting the shelves later this year I don't think I'll need the 1:60 anymore. :ph34r:

Well, you never ever have enough artillery support when you need em. :ph34r:B))

i don't think it had anything to do with the q-rau, i just think they have more interesting/profitable prospects lined up for the future(aka scopedog, though i have no interest, people here are psyched on this one). they can only produce x amount of toys per year and putting all their eggs in one basket, so to speak, and going full throttle with the 1/60 monster was/is just a crap shoot....investment wise. you might want 3 but you're one of the few that said they'd even buy one.

i think this one is right up there with the 1/60 FP kit, the YF-19 w/FPs, and another run of the LV's. :lol::lol::lol: besides, wishful thinking only make the macross addiction worse....you'll just end up buying multiples of stuff because theres nothing to buy. :p:D:lol:

:huh: They all went to the same place the fold system of the Macross went?