1/48 VF-1S Hollow Head Laser

fulcy

Alright, finally got the brass tubing in, and spent one evening cutting a whole bunch. Only thing left, is to try to tint them to match rohby's recast head. I am going to start casting them this weekend, and hopefully shipping out the first orders early next week - so if you're interested in these guys, sign up here! Oh, almost forgot the info:

name

how many you want

whether you want them tinted or not (the first few will be a little off, due to experimenting)

Pricing - $8 for the first set, $7 for the second, and $6 for each additional - and this includes first class shipping. If you want them sent priority mail, add an additional $2. There is a limit of 4 sets per order - if you want more, I'll gladly fulfill the rest of your order after I've fulfilled everyone else below you (and the pricing for all sets over four is still $6 - it's not going to reset to $8). I think that's it... Oh, and in case you haven't seen these yet...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10924

Order List:

gnollman - 3 tinted shipped!

Otaku - 2 tinted paid

Doctor Paragon - 2 tinted RFP sent

RTShark - 1 tinted RFP sent

Postman Pat - 2 tinted, 2 regular - 4 total qued

EDITED 1.19 - updated list

Edited by fulcy

Tinted a similar grey to what rohby used for his heads - hopefully I'll get it close - we'll find out after this weekend! You'll still have to paint the lasers themselves black - but that shouldn't be that difficult to do...

I may be able to do LV tinting - but not sure. I'm going to worry about the regular tinting first before I can say whether or not I can do the LV color...

Just a quick note you guys - if you are going to paint your head lasers, it'll be faster to get the un-tinted ones. I've been fooling around with tinting them, and have gotten a color that is light enough, but too yellow - and I only have a black tint, and won't have a white tint till mid week at the earliest...

Another update - I will be letting each of you know individually when your set of head lasers are ready, and then inquiring how you would like to go about payment - I'd prefer PayPal, but postal money orders will also do.

Also, after an annoying ordering ordeal (apparently, Smooth-On makes white pigment, they just don't sell it on their website), the white pigment was ordered yesterday. I should be able to get back to tinting later this week...

Alright, just to keep you guys updated - been fooling around with the tinting of these guys, and I'm having a beotch of a time with it - I've tried 6 different combinations of tints, and none of them are right. Will continue testing though, so have patience!

• 2 weeks later...

Was finally able to free up the casting equipment after doing some mold work and casts for, of all things, work, so now I have a few sets cast and ready to be sent out once I receive payment. I've started sending PM's to those on the list, requesting payment, etc - and I will update the list to keep everyone privy to the status of their order.

Oh, and an update - though the head lasers can be used with either an original or a recast head, I have not found an acceptible way to actually get the old lasers off the original head without extensively damaging it in the process - or prying it apart (I ruined a 1S head already trying to figure out a way to do it). Oh well...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, haven't gotten any responses to PMs from Daysleeper, Postman Pat, or Rick Randy. Unless I hear from you guys in the next week, I am canceling your orders.

Edited by fulcy

• 6 months later...