WHO IS BASARA?

khyronic

Who is Basara? At one point in Macross 7, they suggested he was the love child of Minmei and Hikaru. Is there a definitive answer? I watched M7 for the first time over the summer and found it was not that bad. Certainly not as bad as some have suggested.

Answer please :D

Basara is Keith........I thought everybody knew that :lol:

But seriously, Basara's exact origins are never made clear, although some of his childhood is shown in the OVA Encore episodes.

And no, Basara is NOT the love child of Hikaru and Minmay :lol:. The Megaroad 01 with Hikaru, Minmay and Misa aboard disappeared in 2016, while Basara was born in 2024.

Graham

That scene where that was suggested was tabloid lies, just like the other headlines in that episode (though the Gamlin/Basara love affair headline was the funniest).

I know who he is: selfish and annoying. B))

It would be nice for once to have a Macross 7 thread without the M7 haters automatically jumping in to bash the show or characters.

We get this same knee jerk reaction everytime somebody starts an M7 thread, people just have to chime with their comments on how they hate Basara, or the music or the Protodeviln or the show in general.

We 'get it' that that many Macross fans don't like M7, but is it really necessary to post the same negative comments everytime those of us that do like the show want to discuss it?

Kyhronic asked a legitimate question, so please if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion then please don't post.

And just for the record, when I first watched M7 10 years ago I used to feel the same way about Basara, but repeated watching and perhaps being more mature now that I'm in my mid-30s (although my wife would disagree) has led me to see the show in a new light to the point that I actually prefer it to the original SDF Macross.

Graham