Custom 1/48 vf-1j

indigofx28

Indigofx28 has a damn versatile custom! Pretty cool how a TV Hikaru can be wiped clean and become a whole new custom with a trip to the hobby shop for more 1/48 Tomcat decals. Of course, stripping whatever sealer applied over the water slide decals would be a pain each time.

Ohhh...about the red stripes.. DON'T TAKE THEM OFF... I know I sound crazy, but they're actually supposed to be there. Tomcats have the same type of red stripe actually, I think it's some sort of warning marking for where the compressor blades start in the engine, or something like that. But it's always there. :)

Cool customs btw.. I'd love to do this myself, but I don't think I could bring myself to take a chance of fouling up a mint $200 toy.. I'd rather customize the model kits, since they're much more affordable.

Decals - I will offer to send this to DEVIN or Takatoys if they would scan, cleanup, resize and send me a copy for my Valkyries and consider producing these for fellow MWers. Sheet has at least 3 squadrons worth of decals in there.

post-4-1078593964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

Here is the decal sheet indigo used, I think. I will also send this if we can merge the two decal sheets and make one combined copy. Otherwise, it might be up for straight sale since I will probably do a Macross Zero fighter from this kit or trade for some 1/48 scale Macross Zero decals...

post-4-1078594021_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

OT but... VF-1D conversion anyone? Both kits are 1/48. Top kit is Italeri (cheap kit but nice for beginners). Bottom kit is Hasegawa. Both are F-14as... Note the differences in scaling. Top kit would work pretty good. Hasegawa should be way more accurate though.

post-4-1078594416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

Decals - I will offer to send this to DEVIN or Takatoys if they would scan, cleanup, resize and send me a copy for my Valkyries and consider producing these for fellow MWers. Sheet has at least 3 squadrons worth of decals in there.

WOW JUST THE DECALS I WAS LOOKNG FOR!!!!! Can you send them to DEVIN I want to see how much it'll cost to produce both sheets

Here is the decal sheet indigo used, I think. I will also send this if we can merge the two decal sheets and make one combined copy. Otherwise, it might be up for straight sale since I will probably do a Macross Zero fighter from this kit or trade for some 1/48 scale Macross Zero decals...

;) Close I had another version of that sheet.

:o go for it

Hey guys,

Just in case we can't find a reproduction solution, we have this alternative:

You guys can actually buy the model kits yourselves and rip the decal sheet. Go to Great models and look up 1/48 models and decal sheets.

Granted, the models are 35-45 shipped just for a decal sheet and the size of the F-14 is bigger than a Valkyrie. Ideally, we would have them scaled down for exact fit.

Or I can buy the Italeri kit for ~ 11 USD but shipping is like 10 USD.

If you guys just want the decal sheet, I could send that out cheap and ditch the model. The store is just blowing them out like crazy. I need to buy 2 at a time for that price.

I will see if I can track down more of those Hasegawa kits but those models are 20-30 USD over here and the new re-issues are not out here yet.

Again, the best solution is to take both decal sheets, scan the squadron markings, clean them up, resize and add the UN Marines, Navy, Spacy and Macross kite shields for a near real world Macross squadron sheet.

Hey guys,

Just in case we can't find a reproduction solution, we have this alternative:

You guys can actually buy the model kits yourselves and rip the decal sheet. Go to Great models and look up 1/48 models and decal sheets.

Granted, the models are 35-45 shipped just for a decal sheet and the size of the F-14 is bigger than a Valkyrie. Ideally, we would have them scaled down for exact fit.

Or I can buy the Italeri kit for ~ 11 USD but shipping is like 10 USD.

If you guys just want the decal sheet, I could send that out cheap and ditch the model. The store is just blowing them out like crazy. I need to buy 2 at a time for that price.

I will see if I can track down more of those Hasegawa kits but those models are 20-30 USD over here and the new re-issues are not out here yet.

Again, the best solution is to take both decal sheets, scan the squadron markings, clean them up, resize and add the UN Marines, Navy, Spacy and Macross kite shields for a near real world Macross squadron sheet.

are u selling the decal sheets???

If you guys want me to get you just the decal sheets, then yes, I will sell them. The cost is whatever the model kit is since they are so cheap here. You will pay shipping for the sheet though. I will toss the models or split the price between the decals and the models between interested model buyers.

If you guys want me to get you just the decal sheets, then yes, I will sell them. The cost is whatever the model kit is since they are so cheap here. You will pay shipping for the sheet though. I will toss the models or split the price between the decals and the models between interested model buyers.

sounds interesting what's the scoop I checked the link but the hasegawa sold out??