Destroid Defender Radar - Spin or not?

NZEOD

lol its not clogged. Just lost the Teflon head washer last time I soaked it. Tried making a replacement out of PTFE Tape but no go. Have a bag of replacements on the way from across town.

I have access to a Sonicator for cleaning them.

Edited by NZEOD

And this afternoon a get handed a package with.....

... my Nano Servo!!

IMG_20160222_153048_zpsjxdoedfs.jpg

IMG_20160222_153248_zpsthrczhit.jpg

These are, at this moment in time, the absolute smallest commercially available servo on the market and the only one that fits inside the Defender in the position I need it. There will, assuming I can work out how, be two crammed inside the chest of the Defender. One to turn it and one to raise the arms.

Edited by NZEOD

for? if you're thinking for the missile doors, I cant have heat near the Styrene.

Built the two cannons last night. Can not recommend avoiding this task enough! PAINFUL!

Edited by NZEOD

i was thinking for the waist rotation, or the arm raising.

lost the link, but a couple or so years ago i saw a site selling really small, memory wire driven micro actuators.

they might be easier to fit in, but the thing though is that they just have 2 states/positions, nothing in between, unlike motor actuators.

i don't know if they generate a lot of heat with repeated movements or prolonged stay in the "on" state.

The Biowire actuators from Toki are too long unfortunately. I'm limited to 15mm and theirs is 39mm. Back to the drawing board for that one.

The Vulcan drive motor and Radar motor arrived this morning though!!

Also solved the airbrush issue. I dropped/lost the 1.5x3mm tip from the end of the head. That explains why a new washer didnt stop it blowing air into the paint pot! Now just need a new one.

Edited by NZEOD

Assembled one of the Vulcans to the home made shaft and bearings and to the mini motor and gearbox. Spun it up and...

IT WORKS!!! Fairly centered, not to much axial wobble and it looks believable!

yeah thanks for the ideas. Had a look at it and already having a few ideas.... they would be good for turret turning in a 1/72 tank or afv

Had a NOT so fun weekend.

Little Man ran off with the Vulcan motor drive and broke off the red wire. Unrepairable at 6mm total diameter so its U/S and for the bin.

Drilled out the Defender X barrels and even on the slowest speed still heated the styrene enough to deform it. Rethink on that plan.

Got the Torso servo fitted up and running, Arm Targetters running, Head green LED running, Radar spinning, Arm bearings fitted (Airsoft gearbox bearings) and before it broke, the Vulcan fitted and spinning... before the 1 1/2 yr old wreaking machine product tested it and failed it.

Meantime after $103 I have the airbrush back up and running. Settled on a camo scheme for all my UN forces. Swedish Splinter.

Green for the UN Marine forces

8420079272_697da6b8da_c.jpg

and Grey for the UN Navy/UN Airforce.

hqdefault.jpg

Saving Digital camo for the Anti UN forces as its a bitch to paint well.

The Air Defence units that are in the Park scene will now be surrounded by trees in Autumn. Otherwise they would disappear in Green Splinter Camo. Thats the 8 man Javelin Team and their GTk Boxer Transport, a Fennek Scout car and the two Destroid Defenders, MkX "Thunderstrike" and MkXV "Hellstorm".

Righto... the 8pm courier dropped off the Tamiya paints I ordered this afternoon out to our place in the Waitak Ranges and the fun begins!

M90 Splinter Camo Temperate is made up of 3 colours

M90 Dark Green made from XF26 @ 216 drops - XF69 @ 100 drops - XF55 @ 40 drops

M90 Light Green made from XF5 @ 170 drops - XF55 @ 31 drops - XF4 @ 10 drops

M90 Black made from straight Nato Black XF69 but if its a factory new finish you want use XF69 1:1 XF1

That's according the Swedens best CV90 modeller anyways.

Really like this realistic take on a Zentradi soldier... would look the part as a 140mm (1:12) figure to go with my 1/72 city scenes.

http://fcarlesimo.blogspot.co.nz/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-03:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-03:00&max-results=3

Body_Armor_v01__00000.jpg

Body_Armor_Close_v01_00000.jpgIntPODLaVe_._00005.jpgCabinaPOD.jpgWIP_Chron_00000.jpg