Search form doesn't work

Try searching. Not from the little "quick" search boxes you find near the bottom of every thread and sub-forum, but the main search from the header menu between "members" and "help". Try something you KNOW has many results, like "sv-51" or "yf-19". You get zip. Nada. This affects both the main search form, and the advanced search form. And it's not a case/caps thing.

I think it's the dash. I've noticed that on some forums I haunt the search feature does not recognize the "-" character as a viable search character and it either ignores it or throws an error. I just did a test and searched for YF-19 and got dick, but when I omitted the dash and just searched for YF19 I got something in the ballpark of 600 hits. Methinks it is that dastardly dash.

There is some oddness related to SQL "full text search" that had been enabled (not by me!) in October. I've set searching back to "manual". . . so hopefully that will fix things. If not, it'll probably be out of my hands.

Best,

H

did you make sure to uncheck the "search this forum only"?

i typed in SV-51 and got a bunch of results. i think its too vague and people tend to bring up valk numbers in numerous threads. its kind of like me typing in "VF-1" and expecting to get quality results over quantity.

i guess you can try picking specific forum sections and anything else that will narrow your search.