Wonderfest

• 1 month later...
Is this Wonderfest related to the Wonderfest held in Japan?

391522[/snapback]

Nope, not as far as I know. And it's certainly very different from its japanese counterpart.

But it's still the biggest and best sci-fi model convention in the U.S.!

• 3 weeks later...
Once again, the wife, the bank account and the boss say no! Damn.

391798[/snapback]

Sounds like someone needs to exercise his pimp hand.

I will be there again this year so if anyone is going please stop by my table and say "Hi". If you have never been to WF you should try to go at least once. Unfortunately WF is a lot like crack, it only takes one time and then you are hooked, you always end up broke afterwards and you will borrow steal or kill to go again. :lol:

Anybody entering any Macross stuff in the model contest? I know that the mech and vehicles part of the contest is usually pretty light, mostly just Star Wars and Star Trek stuff. I was trying to get something together to enter but I have been so freaking busy with the model bases I have not had time. Next year I am going to shoot for something big, say 1/48 scale. It will probably take me all year to finish but I hope it will prove to be worth it.

Alright, 2 people are going.  Anymore?

Modelbaseguy, will you be having any new Macross bases available?

399298[/snapback]

We have not seen much interest from the Macross crowd so no new bases for now but if anyone has any ideas for what they would like to see we are listening. We will have our existing bases however and a few little greeblies so anybody that is going please just stop by and say HI.

I have been so busy getting ready for the show that I have neglected my Macross modeling as of late but I have something in the works for NEXT Years WF. It will probably take me another year to finish it :lol: . Can you say 1/32 scale?

I still can't find those WF picts, I must have burried them deep. I will keep looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the WF 06 is in the bag folks and let me say that I was disappointed. The crowds were light, the sales were down and I was sick the whole time. I was not even able to come down to the table on Sunday at all. I was however really surprised by the number of Macross folks that came by, we sold out of all of our Macross bases very early. I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all the members who came by the table to say Hi and show your support.

I am planning to go again next year and have already purchased the table. We will be in the main hall next year so there should be more traffic and hopefully more sales. I have a project that I am working on for one of the magazines that I need to finish but then I am going to start my 1/32 scale Macross project. I am keeping it under wraps for now just in case it does not launch by WF 07 but I will be around the forum from time to time to check in on you guys.

Take care and I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

Well the WF 06 is in the bag folks and let me say that I was disappointed. The crowds were light, the sales were down and I was sick the whole time. I was not even able to come down to the table on Sunday at all. I was however really surprised by the number of Macross folks that came by, we sold out of all of our Macross bases very early. I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all the members who came by the table to say Hi and show your support.

I am planning to go again next year and have already purchased the table. We will be in the main hall next year so there should be more traffic and hopefully more sales. I have a project that I am working on for one of the magazines that I need to finish but then I am going to start my 1/32 scale Macross project. I am keeping it under wraps for now just in case it does not launch by WF 07 but I will be around the forum from time to time to check in on you guys.

Take care and I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

404144[/snapback]

Sorry to here that. Like you I have picked something up as well but I started feeling bad Sunday night. I did pick up some more of your bases on Sunday. Love the work you do. Can't wait to see the 1/32 surprise.

Sorry to here that.  Like you I have picked something up as well but I started feeling bad Sunday night.  I did pick up some more of your bases on Sunday.  Love the work you do.  Can't wait to see the 1/32 surprise.

404306[/snapback]

Thanx for stopping by and supporting our efforts. I want to do some more Macross themed bases but I just don't get the support I need. I have to work on getting something together the Macross builders just can't live without.

Yeah I can't wait to see the 1/32 scale surprise myself. :lol: If I don't trash it out of disgust before I complete it I think that I will have a nice little project to enter in the contest. I was going to go for 1/48 scale but I got a little loopy (too many paint and glue fumes I guess) and decided to go for broke and do something BIG. Now if I can just pull it off in time for next years show......

• 2 weeks later...