VFX-2 VFs

hellohikaru

The VF-17S which appeared to be flown by Manfred Brando it is not a commander version of the Nightmare right ?It seems to be equipped with a gunpod and not a laser pod ? I reckon its one of a kind machine ?

*Has anyone noticed when used in fighter mode the weapon has limited articulation so it is a trainable weapon. I could hit targets easily by just aiming in the general direction without trying. Can seem to get the same result with the VF-11, 19 or 22.

Has anyone wondered what version of the Milia Red VF-1 that Maria Forkina Barnrose uses ?

This site http://shinjuku.cool.ne.jp/bez/game/f_slps02237_e.html suggest it is of the S type. I find this unlikely though...any thoughts ?

And all the VF-1 are called VF-1-X-Plus which seem to indicate they are even more advanced than those in DYRL.

Lastly what the heck is a Grenade crusher as seen in the Armoured Thunderbolt and VF-1 GPB-15 ? Looks like some mini-nuke thing.

As far as I can tell, the VF-17 Brando flies is an S type. From Macross 7, you can see that the VF-17 has a regular gunpod. In an earlier discussion we had at the old forums, we decided that the laser was an optional weapon that the Ravens happened to use, possibly developed after Macross 7, that works with the same gunpod, in place of a traditional magazine.

This is all the Compendiums says, "One multipurpose seven-barrelled gatling gun pod (with retractable handle and fore grip, folding stock, muzzle sensors, and strap) mounted with an exit port and stealth covers in lower main fuselage in all modes or ejectible from lower leg section into manipulator in Battroid mode (one spare gun pod magazine or one gunpod beam adaptor stored in lower main fuselage in Fighter mode or in opposite lower leg section in Battroid mode)." It also goes on to say, "(Internal standard equipment capable of being exchanged for other weapon packs.)"

I have no idea what kind of VF-1 Maria used. Since Maria seemed like a very Millia rip off, I always kind of thought of it as a VF-1J.

As for the VF-1X-Plus, I'd quote the Compendium again, but there's just too much info. You can check it all out here. To summarize, though, the older regular VF-1s have the control stick in the middle, ala the TV series, older engines, HUDs on display panels, and different avionics. The VF-1X-Plus has the control stick on the right, throttle on the left (like the YF-19 in Macross Plus), improved avionics for space, a better cockpit with a different ejection seat, HUDs that display right on the canopy, and newer engines that give the VF-1X-Plus all-around better performance.

There's a theory going around that, since DYRL is supposed to be a movie within the Macross universe, that the VF-1's in DYRL are VF-1X-Plus models, and the ones from the TV series are the older kind. That would kind of make sense, if you catch the subtle differences between the TV series and DYRL, but personally I think that's just an afterthought, and the VF-X-Plus think was just a way to put the VF-1 more on the level with contemporary VFs so that you'd have a reason to be flying them in the VF-X games.

Sorry, I get the black screen of death on my VF-X2. I never got to play as the armored VF-1 or VF-11.

I got a savegame file that let me play with the bonus stuff. The Grenade Crusher is kinda just like an extra strong, unguided rocket. That doesn't seem to have much ammo. Thank god for the Full Armor MultiMissile Storms. (And the nukes on the FA Thunderbolt, they're damn powerful. Only affects one target. Strange.)

Ok...i think its confirm that Maria Barnrose's VF-1X is the S-type. For those of you with the memory card save you can see it in Gallery 2. Not sure whther she transforms in the mission Love Goes Away(Bad Ending) but its hard to tell anyway. Actually the markings are like Millia's except the UN Spacy logo has been removed.

--------

How bout the VF-22 does it combine its 2 guns into one in modes other than Fighter ? I will compare with compendium.

--------

Emmm....not sure how many targets are affected by the grenade crusher's blast but i certainly am when i use it too close and the regult attacking me in the city got vaporised too.

------

Is there a way i can give other VFX-2 owners my memory card save so the can access all the bonus items ?

How bout the VF-22 does it combine its 2 guns into one in modes other than Fighter ? I will compare with compendium.

I doesn't. The other one is a spare. Just like in the YF-21 (I think it was shown in the final Isamu/Guld fight on Earth, whe the 21 is thrown to the ground by Isamu's PPB, Guld loses his gunpod and grabs the other one; later on, he's seen firing only one even in fighter mode. not quite sure, gotta watch my dvds again)

Is there a way i can give other VFX-2 owners my memory card save so the can access all the bonus items ?

Yes! Two ways, in fact!

The first way is if you own something called a "Dex Drive" for the PSX. The Dex Drive allows you to take saves from PSX memory cards, transfer them to your PC, and then from the PC you can transfer it the same way you would any other PC file.

Second way is if you own a PS2 and can't find one of those old Dex Drives. When the PS2 is in browser mode, transfer your game save from a PSX memory card to a PS2 memory card. Now you need another tool like Dex Drive to transfer the save from the PS2 to your PC. There are several tools out there for that, like the Shark Port (since Datel split from InterAct and stopped doing Gameshark, I think the newer one is called "X-Port.")

Instead of e-mailing, IM-ing, P2Ping, or finding a server to host your file so you can send everyone the link, FYI, I believe www.gamefaqs.com hosts game saves.

In an earlier discussion we had at the old forums, we decided that the laser was an optional weapon that the Ravens happened to use, possibly developed after Macross 7, that works with the same gunpod, in place of a traditional magazine.

Um, doesn' Gamlin use that laser-gunpod thing to (repeatedly) destroy Gavil's mecha towards the latter half of M7? It shoots out of somewhere (the other leg I think) and he puts it on and/or over the front end of the gunpod.

And it looks like he had the exact same weapon in his relatively ordinary looking VF-22S' gunpod in Dynamite 7 (and his forearms had the gunpod sound effect IIRC). Continuity or was the VF-22S opposite from the YF-21 (projectile gunpod and laser forearms)?

Edited by Uxi

Does anyone know where I can get the full in-game story of VF-X2? I'm not very Japanese literate I'm afraid. I just want to know why x was fighting y and things like that etc.

Look VF-X2 up on gamefaq.com. There is a walkthrough there that discribes the story...