EA and the NFL

Gunbuster

*sigh*

I should get an exclusive agreement with every sporting agency for broadcast and video game rights.

Then sit on it and do nothing in a desperate attempt to break America of its insane obsession with sports.

yeah, cause we americans are the only people obsessed with sports. how about canadians with hockey. japanese and cubans with baseball. and almost everyone else in the world with soccer. :rolleyes:

seriously though, this whole exclusive contract thing is bad for video game consumers, whether it's EA/NFL or Take Two/MLB. as has been said numerous times already, it allows these companies to let their products go stagnant. it's unlikely that nonlicensed sports game could make a serious dent in the sales of the exclusives. some companies will probably try to break into the market with generics, but i doubt that they'll succeed.

*sigh*

I should get an exclusive agreement with every sporting agency for broadcast and video game rights.

Then sit on it and do nothing in a desperate attempt to break America of its insane obsession with sports.

yeah, cause we americans are the only people obsessed with sports. how about canadians with hockey. japanese and cubans with baseball. and almost everyone else in the world with soccer. :rolleyes:

As far as I know, we take it to a more extreme level than most other nations.

*sigh*

Your joking right? North Americans don't hold a candle to the way other countries obsess over their sports. I think some of the lunacy is attributed to alcohol, unsafe stadium conditions and misplaced nationalism. In Brazil, deranged fans have killed soccer players for losing games. Brawls are regular occurences in soccer matches between rival countries in Europe. I think there was a riot in a soccer match that involved a Nigerian Soccer team that left several dead. The Fan that stabbed Monica Seles was European if I recall.

Edited by Golden Arms

*sigh*

Your joking right? North Americans don't hold a candle to the way other countries obsess over their sports. I think some of the lunacy is attributed to alcohol, unsafe stadium conditions and misplaced nationalism. In Brazil, deranged fans have killed soccer players for losing games. Brawls are regular occurences in soccer matches between rival countries in Europe. I think there was a riot in a soccer match that involved a Nigerian Soccer team that left several dead. The Fan that stabbed Monica Seles was European if I recall.

Very well. Delete America from my first post and replace it with "the world"

Heck, I'll go do it now.