[MSiA] Blitz Gundam review!

DarkPhoenix

It's... the Blitz Gundam. It's accessories are limited, as expected, but it does come with a full set of hands (including a left trigger hand despite having no use for one..), the shield weapons system, 3 seperate rods, a seperating beam saber, the beam saber blade, as well as its grappling shield-anchor thing with closed and open claw pieces.

Good jointing all around, including a seperate ankle piece joining calve and foot, hinged shoulders for limited forward/back motion, double jointed knees and elbows, a balljointed waist with rather limited motion due to the hip armor, wide-swinging thighs, and a very mobile head.

Late note: Forgot to note that it has a plastic rod to connect the grappling weapon to the forearm for 'firing' poses.. although the rod isn't strong enough and sags from the weight a bit. =\

post-26-1102022304_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkPhoenix

I've sorta been considering buying the Blitz MSiA, so my MSiA Strike Gundam has somebody to fight. The Blitz is a nice looking MS, but Nicole was such a sissy character, that I'm not sure I can justify buying it :D

Actually, I'm not even sure was Nicole male or female?

Graham

I've sorta been considering buying the Blitz MSiA, so my MSiA Strike Gundam has somebody to fight. The Blitz is a nice looking MS, but Nicole was such a sissy character, that I'm not sure I can justify buying it :D

Actually, I'm not even sure was Nicole male or female?

Graham

Nicol was a guy, although it IS a bit hard to tell..

By all means, go for it. The Blitz Gundam seems quite nice so far. With all its accessories built into the shield it doesn't offer much in the way of versatility, but at the very least you could get the Strike Rogue as well for the Sword pack and.. err.. spoilers. If you've seen far enough in the series, you'll know. <_<

Also, on the saggyness of the blade..

The blade itself isn't saggy. It's the hilt's connection to the shield. It's too shallow to support the weight of the hilt+blade fully. Had the plug been deeper, it likely would of been just fine (but also likely would of messed up the appearance).

I actually bought a Strike Rouge MSiA two days ago. Also bought an MSiA Aile Strike as well.

Not bad toys, although I find the ankle articulation is far too limited. Also, I wish the Aile pack's wings had been made of the same hard plastic as the Force Impulse wings.

Regarding the Strike Gundam's big sword. I had a great deal of difficulty getting the main pink beam blade fitted. The two end tabs are a pain in the ass to get into the slots and once you do get them in it's apparent that the blade is too long so that it bends or sags. In the end, I ended up cutting both end tabs of the beam blade slightly shorter. Doesn't help much though, the blade still sags. Bandai should have made the beam blade wider like on the Sword Impulse.

Can you tell me how is the Ginn MSiA, any problems? As I'm thinking of picking one up today.

Graham

Over at gundamwatch.net, they have nothing but rave reviews for the GINN MSIA. In fact, i've heard people say that its the best fig out of the entire Seed MSIA line (which is saying a lot, I think). I've got on shipping out to me as we speak. So far, i've heard nothing bad about it, so i'd say go for it.

yea the ginns are very nice, they are indeed saying alot of good things down at Gundamwatch.com about it.

Over at gundamwatch.net, they have nothing but rave reviews for the GINN MSIA. In fact, i've heard people say that its the best fig out of the entire Seed MSIA line (which is saying a lot, I think). I've got on shipping out to me as we speak. So far, i've heard nothing bad about it, so i'd say go for it.

OK, thanks.

Graham

I actually bought a Strike Rouge MSiA two days ago. Also bought an MSiA Aile Strike as well.

Not bad toys, although I find the ankle articulation is far too limited. Also, I wish the Aile pack's wings had been made of the same hard plastic as the Force Impulse wings.

Regarding the Strike Gundam's big sword. I had a great deal of difficulty getting the main pink beam blade fitted. The two end tabs are a pain in the ass to get into the slots and once you do get them in it's apparent that the blade is too long so that it bends or sags. In the end, I ended up cutting both end tabs of the beam blade slightly shorter. Doesn't help much though, the blade still sags. Bandai should have made the beam blade wider like on the Sword Impulse.

Can you tell me how is the Ginn MSiA, any problems? As I'm thinking of picking one up today.

Graham

Yes, the Sword Striker's sword is horribly limp. =\ That's the one downside to it.. and something they thankfully improved in the Sword Impulse. It's the change in material, by the way, not the thickness that makes it sturdy.

The Ginns are wonderful! Miguel's orange Ginn comes with a beam launcher that's a sleeker equivilent to the Rick-Dom's (It reminds me more of a very hefty sniper-cannon then a beam bazooka, infact), while the grunt Ginn comes with a standard bazooka. Both have the Ginn Rifle and Heavy Sword as well as the calve-mounted missile pods (yet the colors seem swapped). Posability is quite nice.. double-jointed knees/elbows, balljointed head, hinged clavicals (Shoulder armor heavily restricts this, though), okay ankles.

If you get both, I'd switch their rocket launcher pods so that Miguel gets the orange-capped ones and the grunt gets the green-capped ones.

post-26-1102050451_thumb.jpg

do you like THE-O and the XAMEL? i always wanted to get these because there are really no other nice figures of them on the market ,any review on them? i myself mainly collect Gundam Fix, but i always wanted those 2.

chris

awww :( they both look cool to, i guess i will have to pass and wait for another release.

i was hoping to get a few big impending looking Gundam for my collection.

The Xamel, if you like the design, is perfectly fine. It's simply not a design you can dynamicly pose, however.

The-O /is/ disappointing, though. One of the main features it that it can weild 4 beam sabers at once.. but the saber blades are so limp that it'll look horrible within a day or two. :angry:

yeah the Xamel is a lump, but I really dig The O. I don't find its sabers to be that weak though. If you want a REAL example of wet noodle beam sabers, get any of the figures from the Char's Counterattack MSIA line. Those things literally bend under their own weight! :blink:

The Xamel, if you like the design, is perfectly fine. It's simply not a design you can dynamicly pose, however.

The-O /is/ disappointing, though. One of the main features it that it can weild 4 beam sabers at once.. but the saber blades are so limp that it'll look horrible within a day or two. :angry:

do you have any good pics of the 2? i noticed you have been taking alot of pics today and you seem to be enjoying it :rolleyes: i have never seen either 2 close up either. the xamel looks big, i would like to have something like that in my collection, by the way is the xamel the US or japanese version? if it is the US version, how is the detailing and panel lines on it?

thanks

chris

yeah the Xamel is a lump, but I really dig The O. I don't find its sabers to be that weak though. If you want a REAL example of wet noodle beam sabers, get any of the figures from the Char's Counterattack MSIA line. Those things literally bend under their own weight! :blink:

*Shudders* The Char's Counterattack figures..

Hell, the HILTS for the beam-hawks wilt.

The-O's blades, atleast mine, wilt where they join the hilt. :blink:

As for pictures of them, I'll get to those after I get home from classes.

The The-O MSIA is great, but not perfect. The beam blades do sag, but if you have it hold them at angles where theyre slashing straight up or down, or nearly so, it's not a real problem- they just get terrible if you want them slashing in from the side. The beam sabre blades of the HGUC fit into the MSIA's beam sabre hilts without any modification too, so that's another option. Also, part of the inner frame is painted yellow on the side and gray on the top, which looks quite bad, but it's not too hard to ignore or repaint.

Compared to the HGUC, the MSIA has much more anime-like proportions and has all of the pipes, + the gun is way better. It also has much better articulation for the arms and shoulders (except for the shoulder boosters not being separately articulated). The HGUC has a much cooler looking head, bulkier proportions that seem to be the ones used for it in AEUG vs. Titans, and better lower body articulation + torso twist. Its shoulders can swing forward and back too, which is nice but not as nice as the MSIAs other type of shoulder articulation IMO. The skirt armor's joints aren't tight enough to stay all the way up with the hidden arms out unless you thicken the ball joints though.

I'd recommend the MSIA over the HGUC if you can't at least paint the boosters and part of the arms on the HGUC. They're both awesome tho for different reasons.