GITS2 Innocnece

Apparently GITS2 is gonna show in many american independant theaters. I was down at the Mayan (independant films) in Denver Colorado and there were posters and previews everywhere of it. Anyway, for those who don't know, there is a gorgeous new trailer, it has to be the absolute best animation i've seen yet. From what I know, Innocence will revolve around batau and pleasure-bots gone crazy, of course this is probably a very vague understanding of the movie. I think the story is gonna be great because we don't get enough of batau and the visuals are just pure eye-candy.

here's the link to the website

WOOOOO! :lol:

Can't wait!

Apparently GITS2 is gonna show in many american independant theaters. I was down at the Mayan (independant films) in Denver Colorado and there were posters and previews everywhere of it.

Was there any more information when it's coming out @ the Mayan? 9/17? Sooner or later than that? How long will it be showing, etc?

Apparently GITS2 is gonna show in many american independant theaters. I was down at the Mayan (independant films) in Denver Colorado and there were posters and previews everywhere of it.

Was there any more information when it's coming out @ the Mayan? 9/17? Sooner or later than that? How long will it be showing, etc?

Well, I went to the mayan's website, however they don't reveal any upcoming schedule, its all current playing stuff. But right on the home page, it advertises the gits2 sweepstakes thing.

Well, I went to the mayan's website, however they don't reveal any upcoming schedule, its all current playing stuff. But right on the home page, it advertises the gits2 sweepstakes thing.

Thanks for the link :) Only reason I asked is because I seriously doubt it'll be showing in the Springs. I remember the first GITS movie had a good run there so maybe this one will too. Give me a hollar when it opens, because that will be the last thing on my mind :p

i just saw a panel on this yesterday at otakon in baltimore.what most surprised me,is that french company "dreamworks" has exclusive rights for distribution on this. :huh: it impressed them so much that they backed an anime movie as apposed to their usual feature movies.a representative was on hand from both dreamworks & production ig to give us the skinny on this flick.get ready to get blown away folks.it's gonna be 100 minutes long & the budget for this movie was 18 million dollars.the backgrounds are all stunning 3D cg & the characters are all 2d hand created cell style.they showed us much more than what was on that trailer.there's 1 scene were there's a parade going on & it's 1 of the most stunning anime sequences i've ever seen.it took them 1 year to complete it.the whole movie only took them 4 years to make :blink: dreamworks is pushing for somewere between 50 to possibly 100 theaters to release this in the next few months.your lucky you have a theater near you,i have to travel 3 hours to baltimore to catch this when it gets released.he also gave us a VERY tentative date of christmas for the dvd release.oh,& it's gonna be subbed only.no dub.dreamworks stressed how they intended to keep this work of art true to the artists original.i'm very impressed & will watch for this w/ much enthusiasm ;)

oh,if you happen to look in asia for this,it's name there is just "innocense"the original 'ghost in the shell" didn't do well in japan,so they changed the title for that reason.1st ghost in the shell movie was a smash hit here in the states only,not japan. ;)

Thanks for the link :) Only reason I asked is because I seriously doubt it'll be showing in the Springs. I remember the first GITS movie had a good run there so maybe this one will too. Give me a hollar when it opens, because that will be the last thing on my mind :p

But, but, we like the Tachikoma's... :( *sniff*

Man oh man oh man. I haven't looked this forward to a feature release in I can't remember how long (as if my avatar left any doubts).

I hope the Alamo Drafthouse picks this one up (here in Austin). I can't wait to see this one on the big screen.