Regarding Hasegawa RMS Missiles

ChristopherB

Hello,

Here's my quandry and perhaps your's as well:

I'm not sure if there is an official "anime accurate/cannon" answer to this question, or if it just boils down to personal preference, but please post what you think.

Question: Should the color used on the tip of the RMS nuclear missiles correspond to the DYRL color that applies to each specific pilot? For example:

Roy: yellow trim equals yellow RMS missile tips

Hikaru: red trim equals red RMS missile tips

Max: blue trim equals blue RMS missile tips

Hayao: green trim equals green RMS missile tips

On one hand, can you picture crew members taking the time to specially paint a set of missiles for each pilot?

These missiles are not meant to be pretty and compliment the valkyries color scheme. I'm mean were not talking color coordination ala "Queer Eye for the Straight DYRL Pilot" here. ;)

Or, "I'm sorry Roy, you used all of your missiles kicking ass so we're all out, would you mind using some of Hayao's since he's dead?"

I've seen Hasegawa kit builders make the RMS tip colors match, and I've seen the missle tips red and yellow in official places, so which is it? While it may not be practical in real life it does kinda look cool.

Official screen grabs and/or drawings welcome.

Let the discussion begin...

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Great question Chris, personally I wouldn't match the missiles to a specific pilot. I think that's a bit unrealistic myself. I guess if they were going on parade they might do that but in a time of war who'd have the time.

"Wait wait Roy you can't launch and defend the SDF1 yet, I haven't finished painting your missiles to match your aircraft. yeah right"

....we are dealing with two points of view....realisitcally (in terms of realism) and reality.

from a realistic view....well...nope...no way...I just don't see them being painted per valk...as noted.

Then again...realisitcally would they do a white plane with different color stripes for the main characters and all brown planes for the "rest" (Can you imagine...well...Im sorry sir...but we just dont think youll last...you get a cool mecha....but it has to be brown. Whats that you say...a teal stripe...well...maybe.

On this topic...lets not forget they are planes that fly in space and transform into robots...and they are based on a cartoon. If you have the technology to do that...perhaps you have the technology to make the missile colors match with the wave of a hand...or with some special paints based on the same technology in those quiz-wiz books my son loves.

So...to wrap it up....realism would seem to make you lean towards non-special colored missiles...but as this isn't a real world I would ask yourself...what do you like. If you like them matching...match em. If you dont like em matched...dont match them. If your not sure...match the left wing and rotate the model most daily.

;)

Edited by Myersjessee

Jesse,

Thank you very much for your post.

You mentioned something I hadn't really considered, and what you said makes a lot of sense.

I think we tend to lose perspective sometimes and get really anal about certain details, but all that serves to do is take the fun out of the hobby.

I've decided, the DYRL four will have matching missiles, unrealistic or not.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

even in times of war, there is tons of down time. if a pilot/deck crew was just sitting around on their shift with nothing to do, whos to say they wouldn't paint the missles to m atch?

its not like they would stop the plane from taking off if say, one was half painted...

even in times of war, there is tons of down time. if a pilot/deck crew was just sitting around on their shift with nothing to do, whos to say they wouldn't paint the missles to m atch?

its not like they would stop the plane from taking off if say, one was half painted...

King Nor is right. Remember all the JDAM's and other munitions from Afghanistan and Iraq that had special "messages" painted on them. If the crews had enough time to do that, I suppose they could've also painted them purple if they wanted. I saw pics of tank crews that had completely repainted the cannon on the tank so with enough downtime, anything is possible. :)