Building Models - TIPS AND TECHINQUES

dyowelb

ive never been exact on my ratios. its a thing you pick up after you use it enough.humbrol paints can be tricky sometimes. especially the gloss paints . the best thing you could do is do a small test mix and record the ratios you use. once it sprays out how you like keep that ratio as the one you use. different colors may require different ratios as well . you may thin black out more than white.

• 2 weeks later...

New question for you resin casters out there: What resin do you use? I'm curious about brand, specific product and shore hardness. Price would be nice to know too, but if I know what product to look for, I can probably find that on my own.

• 3 weeks later...

the only resin casting i have done is with 2 part polyester. it was industrial grade stuff so i cant remember the name you should be able to find it on the web. when i was using it i had access to a pressure pot to compress the air bubbles out of it. i know the pressure method works well im not too sure about the vaccuum casting for removing air bubles i havnt seen any close up examples to get a difference in quality. there are also 2 part polyeurethane resins too. if you want to test out some things one source of resin that may work is the bondo resin for their fiberglass body repair kits. the fiberglass isnt mixed into it so you get a can of regular 2 part resin pretty cheap.