Not sure I would call this pro-built?

Grayson72

I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Which seam?

The seam right before the big FAST pack booster cone.

EDIT: By the way, AchtungMacross, I am VERY impressed with the quality of your pictures. They're huge, yet they're very detailed, and no blurs yet. What camera are you using? Are you using a tri-pod? Macro-mode?

post-3-1090619987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stamen0083

Thanks for the pics, in the future you should probably reduce their size by about 50%. This site is privatly funded and we don't won't to impose extra costs by using up their HD space.

Stamen0083,

Thank you, I now see what you are referring to. In all honesty though, that seam doesn't bother me, because it is minimal, and wouldn't be easy to eliminate. It's one thing to fill and sand a seam on a flat or slightly curved surface, but we are talking about the joint between what is essentially two circles. After putting putty although around, you would then have to try and sand it down flush, which would have the potential of sanding off some of the curve, unless you could devise a way to sand 360 degrees at one time.

Please don't take this personally, because we are friends, and I'm saying this to flippant. Just some constructive criticism. I'm not saying that you only post negative comments, and I'm not saying your comments may not be welcome, but I would respect your comments picking out flaws in other people's work a lot more, if you yourself had posted pictures of one of your completed Macross kits.

No, you don't have to show pictures of your own kits to comment. That's not what I'm getting at, because I have never posted pictures of my model kits, but I have built plenty of them. I don't know if you even build Hasegawa Macross kits, because my search revealed that you posted a thread seeking someone to build a kit for your friend. I presume that you did not want to build it yourself for some reason.

No one said you had to lie or sugarcoat stuff, because being honest is important. I'm just saying, that comments like this: "Man, zooming in close really shows off all the flaws in a model." seems a little rude. Giving advice like this: "That seam needs some attention in your next model.;)" would be better received if you are equally as willing to post your models and subject yourself to potential criticism. It would also show that perhaps you are familiar with the subject being discussed, as opposed to someone that is enamored with commenting on what you perceive to be flaws.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

PS: Just to be fair, you are impressed with the type of camera he owns. :p

Edited by ChristopherB

Hey guys, you bet.I'll reduce the pics size in the future.

I'm using a Fuji finePix 2650 @ MP DC with macro mode on and no tripod.I guess I have steady hands!

The "seam" I keep hearing about is barely noticeable in the flesh. I mean, you'd need a magnifiying glass just to make it out.

Too bad Hasegawa molded the nozzle in two sections,it's a devil to mask or paint around.

AchtungMacross:

did you originally build this not knowing it could transform? (not knowing the plane in the show could transform, the model can't, obviously)

just curious. your comment on "what are the arms" has me a bit perplexed.

Edited by KingNor

KingNor,

I spoke to "AchtungMacross" about the same thing you inquired about.

It's true that he built the first couple of Hasegawa Macross Valkyries without knowing they could transform. If you think about it though, it isn't that weird, because a VF-1S Strike looks similar to a F-14 with extra armor/weapons on it.

When I showed him a picture of a custom 1/48 Yamato, he commented that the builder didn't fill in the seams. Which means I had to explain that the Yamato is a toy not a model, and should be able to change modes.

Now he's seen DYRL and checked out quite a few links I provided, plus he's now an official member of MW.

Just like any "newbie" there is still a lot to learn. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Christopher B's got it it right. I'm just a newbie.Heck,just a few weeks ago I'd never even heard of Macross.

Thanks for the compliments.Thank Hasegawa for the thorough instruction sheet!

I tried to match the valk's camo scheme and weathering to a modern F-14, and go figure, it looks perfect.