Leiji Matsumoto's latest. Dai Yamato/Great Yamato.

Since we're on the subject of Matsumoto's works, I'd like to know if anyone else has been following The Galaxy Railways. I saw the first several episodes and was pretty impressed, but let's just say the action was close to nil after series premiere.

I just saw the 19th episode and it was pretty darn funny for a Matsumoto piece. Isn't the series already done? Was there any major action going on? :ph34r:

I haven't seen anything of it unfortunately. I'd hoped that an HK set if nothing else would be out by now, but perhaps geneon Or media blasters will license it soon. Not surprised that there's comedy in it, as there was a lot of comedy (mixed in with high drama) in 999 TV.

I don't know, the CG 999 in Eternal Fantasy was actually pretty nice. In turn, Endless Odyssey has been awesome.

I haven't seen much 999. I've actually been avoiding it, hoping to see the tv series first, especially before the movies.

The thing that impresses me the most about Endless Odyssey is the lack of CG, that Arcadia is drawn, not modelled! It doesn't hurt that Rin Taro is an absolutely incredible director, one of Japan's finest, in my opinion.

You should check out the fansubs of Galaxy Railways, it's a wonderful show. I'm sure you'll love it.

You can safely see the movies (GE:999 followed by Adieu) without seeing the TV series, as they're their own take on the story (DYRL styled). While the TV series is awesome, looks like all we'll ever get are the 36 episodes that were put out subtitled on HK DVD. It's too old of a show unfortunately for any legit company to commit to 110+ eps of, even AnimEigo hasn't touched it (bastards!). Eternal Fantasy is more in line with the TV continuity than the movie continuity, so you may wan to think that one out.

You can safely see the movies (GE:999 followed by Adieu) without seeing the TV series, as they're their own take on the story (DYRL styled). While the TV series is awesome, looks like all we'll ever get are the 36 episodes that were put out subtitled on HK DVD. It's too old of a show unfortunately for any legit company to commit to 110+ eps of, even AnimEigo hasn't touched it (bastards!). Eternal Fantasy is more in line with the TV continuity than the movie continuity, so you may wan to think that one out.

A fansub group has announced that they plan to tackle the entire series. They plan to devote all their resources to it after they finish up Galaxcy Railways and a couple other projects. This is a fansub group that's known for finishing what they start, too.

I'll believe it when I see it. Last fansub group that tried to do 999 TV only got through 4 episodes. But hell, if they want to go do the whole series, I wouldn't mind if it prompted the HK companies to pick up interest in it (as it would take me "years" to download 113 episodes).

• 1 month later...