PC Engine Macross Game

Solscud007

I just downloaded it...

It LOOKS nice. But it plays like a half-complete trainwreck.

He apparently never got his speed throttling code done, and never learned how to poll the gamepad right.

Start, rather than pausing, is a slow-mo button. Which, when held down, drops the game to a reasonable speed.

The backgrounds are beautiful, well the one I saw.

The sprties are ripped from the Famicom game. Which is beautiful in it's own way...

Looks like some sort of fan-made game.

Based on that one screen shot, its sad that it looks awfully close to DYRL? for Saturn or RT: The Macross Saga for Game Boy Advance. <_<

your joking right? cause the DYRL for PSX and Saturn are leaps and bounds from this POS. But as JBO stated they look like the sprites from Famicom

Sorry--it was a gross generalisation thrown out with regard to the graphics. (Y'know, the whole after-playing-PS2-Macross-the-others-seem-plehbian effect.) Yeah, I know that DYRL? had some awesome sprites, but again, I haven't even played the computer game that you're talking about and don't intend to, so I merely meant a comment based on the single screenshot the page holds. ;)