What is their difference? 1/65 VF-19C in M7

chukwong_jr

The second one is a reissue. I think there might be some stickers that have to be applied to the original, that the reissue has painted on - but I could be wrong. Not a bad toy, I bought one for 29.99, pretty solid though very plasticky.

The 2001 reissue is better IMO as the markings that were previously supplied as stickers on the 1995 original version are now painted on.

On my original version which I purchased when it was first released in 1995, the stickers are starting to peel in places, especially the head stickers.

And it's not called a VF-19C. It's officially called 'VF-19 Custom', although unofficially some people refer to it as VF-19 Kai. It's also commonly refered to as 'Fire Valkyrie'.

Graham

If you ever have to comtemplate which one to buy, buy the first one. Reason being is they are made in Japan; I guess this is more attractive for collecters...I hope, cus I have a few sitting around for the right price...ha ha

The 2001 reissue is better IMO as the markings that were previously supplied as stickers on the 1995 original version are now painted on.

On my original version which I purchased when it was first released in 1995, the stickers are starting to peel in places, especially the head stickers.

And it's not called a VF-19C. It's officially called 'VF-19 Custom', although unofficially some people refer to it as VF-19 Kai. It's also commonly refered to as 'Fire Valkyrie'.

Graham

The "kai" designation is not unofficial. On model kits that is what it is called (As well as "Fire Valkyrie").

1/100 Bandai VF-19Kai box art

It can be said that all three ("VF-19 Custom", "VF-19Kai", "Fire Valkyrie") are "official". Kai and Custom are the same in any case.