Macross TV Transcripts?

n3ptune

I have recently bought/watched the remastered robotech Macross saga DVDs. I have also recently watched DYRL and Macross Plus and am ready to enter the world of macross. I want good, original macross subs, but I cannot afford them. I want to know about the differences between SDF Macross and Robotech:Macross Saga. For instance, the original content in the Robotech episode "Robotech masters" intrigues me.Are there japanese transcripts I can read? Also, a specific question: If Khyron wasn't getting "protoculture" to repower his battleship, what was it?

Edited by n3ptune

http://protoculture.lebhead.com/

^

that might help you a bit to see all the differences between the two.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=228

^

thread discussing differences.

I haven't seen the Macross movie. (actually I did but that was a VERY long time ago)

I've only seen Macross tv, M+(OVA), and M II. I'm now in the process of watching all the old robotech episodes on dvd for nostalgia. Then plan on getting the DVDs of macross tv.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I want good, original macross subs, but I cannot afford them.

You can buy them 1 DVD at a time, or 3 at a time. Try to save up and get it.

Sorry but the "I can't afford them/I don't have money" excuse doesn't work on me anymore.

Dude,

Welcome to the REAL world of Macross. Congrats on surviving Robotech, etc. If you are looking for cheap copies at great prices, start looking for fansubs. You can download 'em for free. Just start looking around. I'm still looking myself. I just had someone burn me a disc of Mac Zero ep.4 at no charge. Try finding a local anime club near you etc. Yahoo clubs/groups or something. Oh, and by the way... DYRL is awesome! Once I saw that, I could never go back to the regular series. Better character designs/mecha inc. Try some of the bootleg sites with HK copies, they're cheap. Animeniacs.com or AnimeToxic.com. Welcome and good luck!!!