1/48 fast pack

arrow

hi i am not sure where on this site you can find the reveiw, if there is any. They attach very firmly and are definetly recomended for all 1/48, most people who buy the 1/48 are probally going to get these, they make the figure look much better. the extra peice hooks behind the head and keep the back pack in place, it comes in handy.

Ok, a real quick set of answers before this thread gets locked...

is there any site with a review of the fast pack for the 1/48?

Graham probably has a review up in the Toys section, I haven't checked in the last week.

How does it attach/ does it firmly attach?

The Boosters slide into the holes on the sides of the backpack and attach very firmly. I have actually had problems reomoving them once they are attached. The leg armor back piece attaches tight to the back of the valk's leg and then the verniers/side piece locks on to that. The arm armor snaps on with no problems. My only quibble is that if you remove the outer leg armor shell from the side pod while it's on the valk, it can be hard to get it back on without removing the whole side pod.

And, what is that extra odd piece of plastic that comes with the fast pack?

OK, that's important. The piece is a reinforcement for the backpack to insure that the head hatch doesn't suddenly open because of the extra weight of the boosters. First you have to push the hatch in past it's normal closing point until it snaps beinf the back piece. Then insert the extra piece between the head and the hatch until the prong on the end go OVER the hatch. This will hold the hatch in place with the heavy boosters in place without anything falling off. The boosters are actually the heaviest part of the armor.

I hope that helps :rolleyes:

Edited by muswp1

There are some things though that are a bit wonky...

the arms have a hard time staying stowed away in fighter mode and the weight of the boosters make the valk lean backwards unless you pose them creatively.

Those are just minor though... you won't be sorry getting the FPs's, the quality and detail will astound you.