SOC Zambot 3

Hubert

I have received the last SOC from HLJ this morning : GX-23 Zambot 3

I have also received the SOC book :)

Although a lot have already been said about it in ToyBoxDX BBS, I will describe a little this new toy.

1/ The box is big :blink: : it's nearly as big as the GX-13 Dancouga. ( same width and lenght but about one inch less for height)

2/ Inside everythings is well placed as in other SOC, nothing special to say indeed.

3/ The toys is very well made and has "enough" die cast which is in legs and top.

Zambot3 is 24cm ( between Combattler V and Dancougar)

the toy come with a stand with a BIG cannon and all the little part come on "waggon". It has indeed mnay little part for Zambot Ace (the little robot which slides in the chest) Zambot Ace has a belt with a great rifle, several loader and 2 sets of hands. Alone, Zambot Ace is already a nice little robot :) The two other main parts of Zambot 3 are 2 ships which are also cool as toy, but as for Combattler V and other 70s anime, these part are ships because they have to be useful for something :p

Zambot 3 come also with a long spear which can also be 2 knife or a sword ..., no rifle. Modern weapons for Zambot Ace and Old japanese weapon for Zambot 3 :ph34r: .

I have seen some reviews of this toy which was not very positive, for me it's a great toy. The transformation is just nice, not too easy like the dancouga and not too hard like some transformers. The way Zambot 3 slide in the chest, how the big head of Zambot 3 comes, it's really good. About the paint shop, it's ok, good red, good blue, .... where s yellow painting ? It's for me the lone disapointing points as yellow plate on the chest like the wing on the feet could have been painted too.

These yellow plastic parts make it a little "cheap". <_<

Some people may wonder : SOC Zambot 3 versus SOC Dancouga ?!, It is worth the money ?!

Versus Dancouga, Zambot 3 has not his large shoulder and doesnt have one inch between legs and large white wings. Zambot 3 is not as massif but the transformation, his samourai look and his nice color make him a great agent of robots from the end of the 70s.

People who only love toys which look big and take presence may not like Zambot 3 as it has "human proportion", but if you like toys with many details, many parts, and an intelligent transformation you will enjoy him. ( Zambot 3 has a long spear : 45cm , about 17.8 inch and you can make more exposures than with Dancouga and its big rifle)

I love Dancouga and Zambot3, but not for the same reasons. :rolleyes:

It is worth the money ? If Dancougar is or if a VF-1J 1/48 is , then yes. :)

Few words about the SOC Book : Many photos, 134 pages, A4 format , soft cover, if you dont read japanese it's not a big issue.

I will send pictures later, you can ask pict with dancouga, masterpiece optimus prime or other toys if I have them.

:p beat me to the review, mine is coming in this week. He looks real nice also you have a nice chogokin collection. mine is getting up there as well. wow the evas are on the small side arent they :( i was thinking bout getting them but i might pass. you might want to check out the Genesic Gaogaigar from Max Factory or the Devil Wing (though the wings are very loose on these) from Aoshima those are very nice as well. i am looking forward to getting the Mazinkaiser next Edited by zeo-mare

you might also want to check out the Gaiking another nice one in the series. I also heard the tool belt for the Zambot was nice, do you have any pics of it? i would also like to see some pics of the SOC book , any recomendations to where to pick it up cheap? you look like you have a nice collection, i would love :) to see the rest of your stuff as well.

keep up the collecting

chris

wow the evas are on the small side arent they :( i was thinking bout getting them but i might pass.

Yeah, they're small, BUT their poseability beats the !#$@1234 out of the rest of the SOC line. Those EVAS can get in some of the most amazing poses.

I'm getting my GX-23 next week as well. (Along with 5 extra ones I need to sell, so I will post those up later.)

I'll probably get around to posting my whole SOC collection (1-23 + some B's and the Aoshimas) when my room is done being remodeled. :p

i look forward to seeing your collection Soze, is there any eva SOC that you think stand out more than another? if I ever decide to buy some i would like to get the best one first.

i look forward to seeing your collection Soze, is there any eva SOC that you think stand out more than another? if I ever decide to buy some i would like to get the best one first.

Purple one will be reissued so you should get that, because it's the main character as well as having a different head shape from the others.

The chrome and black ones are good as well.

If you're like me... get all of them. :D

:) definetly I am looking forward to the tetsujin 28. I wish that would make a bigger Gaiking, and maybe a Astro boy.

chris

just got my Zambot in today very nice .the little Zambot Ace is very cool and poseable, the legs on the Zambot 3 however are not. but it is very nice, good size to almost as big as the dancouga

here is the pic, very good size on him, I wish he was a little more poseable than this but he is very nice either way.

yea its knees can bend , but there is not to much purpose in it because the rest of the legs are not very poseable

chris

Nice to see SOC collections on this board. I been spending more and more money towards SOC and Gundam these days.

Of all the SOC series, I have had no problem, yet. SOC's quality and amount of die cast used on these toys are well worth the money spent on it.

In my opinion, there best example of SOC's series of quality toys were shown on Mazinger and Grandizer series, to name a few. In particular, I like there Grandizer the most. It was exceptionally detail and well worth $300 spent on it.

Does anyone know which SOC are gong to be made, excluding releases?

i think the next is the Tetsujin 28 also known as Gigantor. they are also releasing the 3 girl mechs from Mazinger (I guess that is where they are from) Diana-a, and the other 2 with a new paint job ,they look real cool to. i am looking forward to getting the Grandizer next that one looks very promising.

i think the next is the Tetsujin 28 also known as Gigantor. they are also releasing the 3 girl mechs from Mazinger (I guess that is where they are from) Diana-a, and the other 2 with a new paint job ,they look real cool to.  i am looking forward to getting the Grandizer next that one looks very promising.

On your photos, I see some familar toys :p:p:p

The grandizer is beautiful, it is the best for its worth. If you plan to get one, get the GX-04 S, not the regular GX-04. You will surely see the benefit of it.

I will post a pic here for you to see. Since, I am taking a day off from work tomorrow, I have some time to post and do some messing around on this board. :lol::lol::lol::p:p

post-26-1087802509_thumb.jpg

Edited by CID

yea the Grandizer looks nice the GX-04S is the Black version right? that is the one i want to get anyhow. i am looking forward to you posting some of you collection, it sounds like you have a pretty big set.

yea I guess a few of these should look familiar :lol: the Dancouga is real nice thanks for selling it to me.

chris

yea the Grandizer looks nice the GX-04S is the Black version right? that is the one i want to get anyhow. i am looking forward to you posting some of you collection, it sounds like you have a pretty big set.

yea I guess a few of these should look familiar :lol: the Dancouga is real nice thanks for selling it to me.

chris

No,

The GX-04S is the special version that came with Drill Spazer + Marine Spazer. Basically, it combine the GX-04 + GX-04P (I think it was called that) into a one pacakge.

The black version is GX-04B. All the SOC version with a letter "B" at the end is black version. "R" is th reissued. Etc. Etc.

I only have 25% of display case devoted to SOC, since I do not have too much room. I do have five large display cases and one glass case. Even then, the Macross and Gundam is consuming most of the spaces. Most of my SOC are in the box or in storage. I will try to take a shop of what is displayed.

no Black Valkyrie there is no new Grandizer coming out :( just the ones that are already out, yea thats the one I was looking at, the one with the full set of vehicles, CID do you have any of the black versons? I think they look much nicer than the normal colors what do you think?

no Black Valkyrie there is no new Grandizer coming out :( just the ones that are already out, yea thats the one I was looking at, the one with the full set of vehicles, CID do you have any of the black versons? I think they look much nicer than the normal colors what do you think?

This one is always out of print as soon as it`s released but the black version is reissued from time to time.

I wish they would make a new Grendaizer show or an OVA like the others, Grendaizer is the most serious Go Nagai robot show unlike the others except for Getter Robo.

Sorry man,

I do not own Black version of Grandizer. If you are planing to get the black version, I would suggest you getting it in near future. Historically, Bandai does not reissue Black versions, where as, normal version are released every few years.

It is a lot cheaper than regular version now (Grandizer GX-04B), but, the price might be going up. Just take a look at the Bossborat as the example.

I just wished that they would reissue whole line of SOC, beg. from GX-01 to 23 in a sequence. I did not collect SOC before, so I am spending fortune on this line :(:(