Valkaholity - These are OUR numbers

mcpaz

$62k +$140k + $170k = $370k total.

Lets say retailers and shipping costs take up half of that (I think they take up more), so Yamato's revenues (not profit, just revenues) is about $180k.

I am not sure how much MW members (who reported their toy stats) account for the total sales, but if you factor in their R&D and licence and marketing and financing costs and everything else, I don't think Yamato is exactly making big buckets of moola from this whole enterprise.

There are several levels of pricing mark-up from the time a toy ships from the manufacturer's warehouse, travels to the distributor then perhaps to a wholesaler then reaches a retail store.

Just because a 1/48 retails for ¥14,800 does not mean that Yamato makes ¥14,800 on each toy. From what I understand in the Japanese toy business, most manufacturers only get something like 25% of the retail price.

Graham

Exactly. I am sure this whole valk business, while profitable to Yamato, aint exactly a huge cash cow for the company. Some pizza joints probably make more money.

BTW, where and how was the stats collected? I never submitted any info. Not that my 8 valks makes a difference compared to the Yamato Customer of the Millenium aka Sithlord.

Hi!

I'll try to answer some of the questions I've read:

* I used excel. Nothing more. Just a couple of mods since my first version, but that's it.

* I'll try to include more members in the next issue, but, well, maybe should be more interesting to integrate SQL and PHP togheter to make the 'data harvest', so you'll be able to update your data as well. Yep, that should be fine... We could even add more data about each user: age, sex (not amount of it, nor strange meltrandi advanced techniques, you perverts!), country... It's going to take some time, and that's what I don't have now...

* Graham: Patience. The same happened to my daughter. And to me... well, what happened to me has no name: 10 months!!! But believe me, my mother loves me at all (well, I guess so... mommy! :( )

As for the profits, I do agree with RHTT, and with a couple of appointements: 180K is the amount of money factured, not profits; the profits may be around 25% of that quantity (45K $). That isn't much money at all. We have to think in a lot of money spent: marketing, salaries, design, computers, CAD software licenses...

Thanks for viewing.

Kind regards to everyone, specially to Graham and Amy,

Manu

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...