The seems to be Re-Issues of Everything

J Smith

So you can buy Re-Issue Macross Toys, 80's Transformers, Heman is back, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So my question is...

Would you consider having/wanting/buying a Remade Macross Saga Episodes? Like if they where to take all the Original Macross Series Episodes and 100% did new animation, with new better voices, better detail, better sound, improved story line, but basically holding true to the original series in what it voiced out and spoke about.

Would you buy it? Since every toy seems to be remade, why not cartoon series? I would buy it and I also would love to see this done to the Original G1 Transformers Episodes.

I mean I like the older original episodes are ok but one day they just going to be too old and you'll probally get sick of them, thinking "Man imagin a proffesional anination series like Ghost In Shells Detail on this redone".

ummm...does this belong in this section?...sounds a little more like sci-fi and other anime to me...

i would love to see fresh new animation for the original macross tv series...but i know that'll never happen...all we could all hope for is a new macross series :rolleyes:

This actually comes up quite a bit. I imagine if you did a search, you'd probably find several very similar threads on the topic. Suffice it to say, the popular opinion seems to lean more towards, "We don't want a remade version of the original series, we'd rather have a new series altogether!"

I would also argue that the voice talent in the original Macross was perfect, there would be no improvement made by changing any of the voices. Unfortunately, the voice actor of Hikaru died in a motorcycle accident.

Besides, you can already find a "remade" version of the tv series in the form of 'Do You Remember Love?". Improved animation, designs, sound quality, et all.

Not to mention, we get Macross Zero, some of the most impressive visuals in anime today set a year before the Zentradi show up in SDF Macross.

I'd really like a new series were we get to see the VF-4 as the main variable fighter.

Yeah, this gets brought up pretty regularly, and gets smacked down half as often by the mods (which is as it should be... this gets discussed too oftem), It's a good idea before posting any questions about ANYTHING macross related to use the search function to research it. If it's macross, you can bet we've discussed it.

Actually guys I would prefer it if they retell the story through the manga format. This is similar to the gundam tv series which was retold in a comic version. They can keep the main elements intact but should have the liberties to differ the minor events in the story. <_<

Actually guys I would prefer it if they retell the story through the manga format. This is similar to the gundam tv series which was retold in a comic version. They can keep the main elements intact but should have the liberties to differ the minor events in the story. <_<

This idea I actually like a lot. I'd love a Macross manga I could read at work, and not following the movie or tv storylines exactly would be a huge bonus. I really, really like this idea a whol heckuva lot. Too bad it's unlikely to happen. I mean, even if someone here knew Kawamori personally, liked the idea themselves and passed it on, it's unlikely he'd have time to write such a manga, and get together with Mikimoto to draw it.