Asian and Oriental

Golden Arms:

thanks for catching my point and thanks for the link. it's even worse because he used to coach the Patriots(i'm from boston). i was like :o

JsARCLIGHT:

i agree with you. i wish this was a perfect world where everyone was cool like that and could use diversity as a learning and sharing experience instead of using it to discriminate and segregate. but unfortunately, there are a lot of people that still use the word oriental. and i'm not talking the elderly, i'm talking relatively young professional adults throwing that word around. and they ain't talking about food or furniture.

ewilen:

you're oppressing me with my right to be offended by the word oriental. you're oppressing me from taking charge of a word that applies to ME, not YOU. and by the way, for the third time, i used those offensive terms as examples. also, i was not TOLD to be offended when someone threw that word my way from a professor. i shouldn't have to list my qualifications to justify that i'm offended by it. it's enough that i am offended by it. and if i'm offended by it, there's a chance that other people might be too. why can't you understand that?

Asian/Oriental

you say potato... I say patatas...

with adobo, lumpia and some BBQ bananas... mmmmmmm....

Don't get me hungry EXO!!! Love those btw!!!

Wow, that is kind of a shock to me. In my circles it is the young people who are the most accepting and least ingrained in old tyme stereotype and racism... but then again I guess it all goes back to who you are and what circles you live in. It is proof positive that if you grow up in a racist home you will inherrantly pick up some racist tendancies, even without your wanting or knowledge.

JsARCLIGHT:

yeah man, from maintenance people to yuppie lawyers and everyone inbetween. and this is in the building that the Democratic National Convention Commitee is in! go figure :rolleyes:

Quit baiting people.

We all know you don't really care, you are just out to get people fired up. You are wasting JsARCHLIGHT and ewilen's time, they are being far nicer to you than you deserve. You should go to the gym and pump up... Stop being such a wimpy little girly-man who baits people on the internet.

I am sure you are just going to repeat yourself or some lame thing to reply but I won't be reading any of your loser replies.