Megas XLR

• 1 month later...

True that and how the original MEGAS head looked like Optimus Prime.

Cool homage. . .

I watched one episode--the one where Megas is impounded by the DMV. I though it was okay but not inspired; basically I agree with JsArclight's comments. I felt like the creators thought that if they injected the right cultural references, they could get away with mediocre scripting.

If I were to compare it with something, I'd say it's kind of like the cartoon version of The Tick. But I loved The Tick. The genre references were appealing yet many episodes went far beyond the comicbook parody to achieve a unique zaniness.

Does anyone have the Pilot episode from a few years back that was animated by Madhouse (Ninja Scroll, Trigun)?

It was part of Cartoon Networks, viewer's choice contest of which pilot would be picked up as a series. It was called Lowbrow back then.

I remember seeing it (and voting for it), but I long since recorded over the tape....

Frankly, I love the show. Like it better than most of the Adult Swim fare.....

Anyone see the return of Magnanimous? The robot Elvis with boomstick and chainsaw was just too damn cool....