Most boneheaded childhood customizing mistakes

Valkfan

This is a great subject. I used to buy the little, but powerful chinese firecrackers and extra wick and string them far apart. Then I'd set up scenes where my Joes were tossing (or seemed to be) grenades. I'd have my Cobra men next to the firecrackers and a Joe or two near them. Systematically, you'd see dirt fly up along with a figure. Sometimes, an arm or leg would fly off, but usually the guys would be pelted with "shrapnel".

As far as customizing mistakes, I took an old Invid Shock Trooper and tried to paint it more to the cartoon, and when I f'ed up, I used nail polish remover to fix it. The plastic got all soft and began to warp using just that. I was 12 and pissed to no end. Thank god for remembering mistakes. I still wish I had my Joes though. I miss them soo much :(

Mostly I just smashed the stuff, but having been a rather odd child, I think that my Duke figure was lucky that I didn't have a Scarlet figure. Can you say "head transplant?"

That was not the first thing I'd thought of that Duke could do with Scarlet. Perhaps some childhoods are stranger than others.

-Al