Gunbuster 2 is on the way

Have you all seen this page.?

Graham

I really, really, really want to forget that this series is ever being made. It just gets worse and worse...

Still, some part of me hopes beyond hope. But when I look at those designs, UGH!

You're right the designs are terrible. You don't muck with a classic..... <_<

OK...

1)WHERE ARE YOU MIKIMOTO!

2)Please don't tell me that thing with the Michelin Man arms is supposed to be the Buster Machine. Let's hope it's a cheesy robot sidekick - not that it validates that thing's existence here, but it would be a slight improvement.

3)Um, where's the skin? Show some leg! Gunbuster was famous for inventing the Bouncing boob in anime, among other groundbreaking fanservices. Cater to the fanboy in all of us and help me relive my pubescent past by allowing me to leer at some leg flesh, at least! And no, I don't mean that male character's bodysuit short-shorts.

4)Finally, the plot. Heck if Babelfish shed any light on it - although "Topless" technology sounds promising, it's probably a red herring. Also, don't you think the plot would have been better served with the protagonists from the first Gunbuster acclimating themselves to the future, and having to strap on the old Buster when things heat up with the aliens again? Yeah it's derivative, but at this point the sequel is SO overdue, you might as well make it an homage rather than anything else.

Oh no....after reading about the link to Pilot Candidate and the text below, TOPLESS could really, really, suck. Big ones. Supernatural powers is a freaking cop-out. Noriko had innate ability, but dammit it was about HARD WORK! AIM FOR THE FREAKING TOP!

----

SYNOPSIS

The war between mankind and the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) didn't end after Noriko had gone off. The military conflict between both combatants has been continuing on. No one can match the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) in battle. The only exception to this is "TOPLESS", the fighter group consisting of only children having supernatural powers, and Buster Machines operated by them. Nono is a young girl fresh from the countryside and a candidate for the space force pilot. She meets Raruku who is the strongest member of TOPLESS. Nono adores her as "Oneesama" (senior sister). The Uchuu Kaiju are closing in on Mankind's home planet. Nono fights them in order to aim for the top together with her teammates, Nicola and Chiko.

SYNOPSIS

The war between mankind and the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) didn't end after Noriko had gone off. The military conflict between both combatants has been continuing on. No one can match the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) in battle. The only exception to this is "TOPLESS", the fighter group consisting of only children having supernatural powers, and Buster Machines operated by them. Nono is a young girl fresh from the countryside and a candidate for the space force pilot. She meets Raruku who is the strongest member of TOPLESS. Nono adores her as "Oneesama" (senior sister). The Uchuu Kaiju are closing in on Mankind's home planet. Nono fights them in order to aim for the top together with her teammates, Nicola and Chiko.

Hey! That's my synopsis! Where did you find it, other than here, the Gunbuster Fan Club, or on my Gunbuster 2 page? :o

By the way, My Gunbuster 2 page can be seen here: http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-News.html. It's nothing more that a rehash of what has been said on the Japanese sites, but I just made the images, synopsis, and staff accessible from one page. Not the best looking page, but it gets the job done.

SYNOPSIS

The war between mankind and the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) didn't end after Noriko had gone off. The military conflict between both combatants has been continuing on. No one can match the Uchuu Kaiju (space monsters) in battle. The only exception to this is "TOPLESS", the fighter group consisting of only children having  supernatural powers, and Buster Machines operated by them. Nono is a young girl fresh from the countryside and a candidate for the space force pilot. She meets Raruku who is the strongest member of TOPLESS. Nono adores her as "Oneesama" (senior sister). The  Uchuu Kaiju are closing in on Mankind's home planet. Nono fights them in order to aim for the top together with her teammates, Nicola and Chiko.

Hey! That's my synopsis! Where did you find it, other than here, the Gunbuster Fan Club, or on my Gunbuster 2 page? :o

By the way, My Gunbuster 2 page can be seen here: http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-News.html. It's nothing more that a rehash of what has been said on the Japanese sites, but I just made the images, synopsis, and staff accessible from one page. Not the best looking page, but it gets the job done.

that's probably where i found it! and oi i think that IS the buster machine...oh no....

I wonder why the Buster Machine and all the clothing/uniforms have that droopy arm look.

1) because someone decided to "pilot candidate" this series - bad idea.

2)because gunbuster wasn't embarassed enough, so they had to butcher the outfits too.

3)because they sucketh.

You know what we should start a petition asking Mr.Mikimoto to come back to Anime.Why did he leave anyway?

Leave? What are you talking about? The guy works freelance, so it's up to Gainax or any other anime studio that wants to hire him to fork up the dough and incentive to get him to work on their projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this probably isn't a good thing, but I noticed on Gainax's site a little while ago that they are recruiting artists and animators for production on Aim for the Top! 2. Anyone looking for a job? Can it get any worse?

Here is the link: http://www.gainax.co.jp/recruit/index.html

staff0708.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya